Dyshon Sims Article

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Apparently it was between UGA and Bama, we weren't really mentioned in the AJC article, but that's not the point of this post. One interesting quote from Dyshon: “I also like how you get a four-year scholarship at Georgia. That’s one of the main reasons I picked it. From my understanding, you get three years at Alabama, and you only get a scholarship for each year. If you don’t show enough progression, then your scholarship is pretty much gone at Alabama.”

How any parent would send their kid to that or that it's legal according the the NCAA is unbelievable. I blame the parents of any kid that goes to Bama and f's up his life. A fun little game to play is go to your favorite recruiting site and look at Bama recruiting classes from previous years. Starting from the top and working your way down play where are they now.

texasjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Apparently it was between UGA and Bama, we weren't really mentioned in the AJC article, but that's not the point of this post. One interesting quote from Dyshon: “I also like how you get a four-year scholarship at Georgia. That’s one of the main reasons I picked it. From my understanding, you get three years at Alabama, and you only get a scholarship for each year. If you don’t show enough progression, then your scholarship is pretty much gone at Alabama.”

How any parent would send their kid to that or that it's legal according the the NCAA is unbelievable. I blame the parents of any kid that goes to Bama and f's up his life. A fun little game to play is go to your favorite recruiting site and look at Bama recruiting classes from previous years. Starting from the top and working your way down play where are they now.
Nick has them standing in line to play for him. He could care less what any body would think.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I thought all scholarship offers, except from the service academies, were for one year and the institution has the option of renewing the scholarship annually.

This. Every scholly is just 1 year contract, but some coaches will commit to the kids for four years while coaches like Saban won't. I'm sure he was just spitting back what Richt said as he understood it.