Dwyer Arrested?

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
Ok, (should I say it DCS?) so now you and Cyptom can "kiss and make up" so John will not have to fear where this thread will go?

I know, way too soon! :p
I'll disagree with you on animal's comments (but no need to beat that topic further to death), and I'll continue using the good old 'ignore' approach instead of 'kissing'.

Getting back on the Dwyer case specifically: So far, in this thread, my overall position is that it looks bad for Dwyer, and looking at the provided police documents, I understand why Dwyer had to be charged with these crimes. I don't consider stating these as rush to judgment. There will obviously be more detailed evidence released by the police or courts soon. I'll reserve judging Dwyer until then.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Maybe someone more familiar with DV cases and the law can answer this. The original incident occurred on 7/21, why did it take 2 months for Dwyer to get arrested? From what I've read, if any party in a DV case shows sign of physical trauma, the person is question is automatically taken into custody and booked.

Why is Dwyer just now charged as opposed to 2 months ago when there were witnesses and obvious physical trauma to the victim?

Animal02

Banned
Maybe someone more familiar with DV cases and the law can answer this. The original incident occurred on 7/21, why did it take 2 months for Dwyer to get arrested? From what I've read, if any party in a DV case shows sign of physical trauma, the person is question is automatically taken into custody and booked.

Why is Dwyer just now charged as opposed to 2 months ago when there were witnesses and obvious physical trauma to the victim?

even if she did not know her nose was broken until she went to a Dr., he would be obligated to report it (and no...HIPAA does not apply)

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck

Dwyer and the wife both accept that he threatened her with killing himself. Police also found evidence of this. She claims that's why she didn't cooperate with the police.

When police arrived at the scene, Dwyer and wife both say that Dwyer stayed hidden in the bathroom, and wife told the police he wasn't there and nothing physical happened. Obviously we are lacking on details of the extent of her injuries and how police would have perceived these injuries.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
This is bad for all concerned parties including GT as he is one of our beloved heros. Maybe it's a wake up call to our society that we should not idolize these guys. They make more money than doctors, teachers, etc and why, because they entertain us. It is eerily reminiscent of how ancient Romans idolized the gladiators.
Yep, Charles Barkley had it right when it came to idolizing "pros".

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Regarding the arrest/questioning/investigation as has been stated don't rush to judgment. We don't know all of the facts and probably won't unless it goes to trial.

Bottom line is that it doesn't look good JD no matter how it shakes out in court.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Look at the PDF with its sources:

http://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/pub/ipv_factsheet.html

It states that many victims do not report. Because of fear, helplessness, etc.

Of course, that's in general, probably not best to say that's what happened in this case without the details. I just mentioned it as a possible explanation for why it could be reported late.
I agree many incidents are never reported. Victim might not report multiple incidents even. But when the victim does report it is usually immediately after another family violence incident. Maybe the 7th time he hit her instead of the first. What is unusual is separating and later reporting after separation. That is unusual. Not saying it didn't happen. But pretty rare to report it in this manner.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
@Techster
When police responded to both incidents she, the victim, apparently informed them the argument was verbal only. If there were no signs of physical violence / injury the officers likely left the scene and probably didn't even document it with a report. (No crime or evidence of a crime)
Apparently there was an injury sustained by the victim some time prior to her actual report to police. How the injury occurred is now a question for the courts.
This case will likely hinge on the third party witness accounts. When the witness statements were gathered and what if any relation the witnesses are to both parties involved will be of interest.

Animal02

Banned
I agree many incidents are never reported. Victim might not report multiple incidents even. But when the victim does report it is usually immediately after another family violence incident. Maybe the 7th time he hit her instead of the first. What is unusual is separating and later reporting after separation. That is unusual. Not saying it didn't happen. But pretty rare to report it in this manner.

And there are many incidents of false allegation as well. Accepting one party's version as 100% true and rejecting the other and completely false is simply ignorance.

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
I guess reading comprehension is not your strong point....."and bit his lip when he wouldn't. Investigators say Dwyer then head-butted his wife, fracturing her nose"
The head butt could have easily been self defense for getting bitten.
You disgust me. Your victim blaming knows no limits.
Nope - showing how one sided it is. Biting someone is not defending yourself. She admitted assaulting him.....she is not exempt. Your reaction is typical that turn a blind eye due to gender.
So, if a man attempts to rape a woman and she defends herself with minimal force, you think she should be charged? WTF is wrong with you?
This also hits home personally, having been falsely accused during a divorce...........saving pictures and bringing them out five years later......
I am still disgusted. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
@Techster
When police responded to both incidents she, the victim, apparently informed them the argument was verbal only. If there were no signs of physical violence / injury the officers likely left the scene and probably didn't even document it with a report. (No crime or evidence of a crime)
Apparently there was an injury sustained by the victim some time prior to her actual report to police. How the injury occurred is now a question for the courts.
This case will likely hinge on the third party witness accounts. When the witness statements were gathered and what if any relation the witnesses are to both parties involved will be of interest.

Yeah, I wasn't sure. I have a few friends that are cops, and they say any time they show up for a domestic violence call, or any call where there's violence involved, if one party has visible injuries or there are witnesses that attest to physical harm, someone is going to jail and getting booked.

To me it's odd that the original incident took place 2 months ago, and the news about Dwyer is just coming out considering the timing and how hot the domestic violence issue has become.

Animal02

Banned

So, if a man attempts to rape a woman and she defends herself with minimal force, you think she should be charged? WTF is wrong with you?

I love the Orwellian redefining of events....... it is disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Not to mention your blindness to context.

Animal02

Banned
Yeah, I wasn't sure. I have a few friends that are cops, and they say any time they show up for a domestic violence call, or any call where there's violence involved, if one party has visible injuries or there are witnesses that attest to physical harm, someone is going to jail and getting booked.

To me it's odd that the original incident took place 2 months ago, and the news about Dwyer is just coming out considering the timing and how hot the domestic violence issue has become.

Another thing......if at the time, she had no visible injuries.....and he did....i.e bleeding from the lip, she could have been the one arrested, and part of the reason he hid in the shower. Of course this is all speculation, and nobody should be making judgements without all the facts and hearing from both sides of the story. The thing that I notice is that for those predetermined to judgement......an unwanted sexual advance made between a husband toward his wife has been spun into attempted rape.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Another thing......if at the time, she had no visible injuries.....and he did....i.e bleeding from the lip, she could have been the one arrested, and part of the reason he hid in the shower. Of course this is all speculation, and nobody should be making judgements without all the facts and hearing from both sides of the story. The thing that I notice is that for those predetermined to judgement......an unwanted sexual advance made between a husband toward his wife has been spun into attempted rape.
I don't have any take on you views, but I think you need to step away from this thread for while.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer

Be careful with your righteous indignation. No one knows who the victim is yet. On the surface all the evidence points in one direction, but you don't know the whole story. Time is going to bring out both sides of this story. Instead of condemning someone, try to understand what they're saying and their perspective. I believe @Animal02 has from the beginning said not to rush to judgement. The thread comments need to be taken in toto, not as isolated comments.

Animal02

Banned
I don't have any take on you views, but I think you need to step away from this thread for while.

Just showing how it can be spun both ways. Guess that comes from being friends with too many lawyers. I have posted several times that everyone should wait for all the evidence to come forth. Some people want to make this personal......making the argument personal......with the attacks or "you're ignorant", "you're disgusting", etc. or even associating my user name = guilty, is a bullying tactic.......in a way similar to those who commit DV. It is a tactic that is used by people that cannot address the facts without letting their emotions take control.

Animal02

Banned
Be careful with your righteous indignation. No one knows who the victim is yet. On the surface all the evidence points in one direction, but you don't know the whole story. Time is going to bring out both sides of this story. Instead of condemning someone, try to understand what they're saying and their perspective. I believe @Animal02 has from the beginning said not to rush to judgement. The thread comments need to be taken in toto, not as isolated comments.

Not only in isolation, but dishonest editing as well.
I am used to the personal attacks. It is typical from people that cannot address the facts and only want to bully their viewpoint.