Dwyer Arrested?

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
Nope - showing how one sided it is. Biting someone is not defending yourself. She admitted assaulting him.....she is not exempt. Your reaction is typical that turn a blind eye due to gender.
Are you serious? When you try to kiss someone forcefully, you can end up with a bitten lip. Read the rest of the accounts that has been posted including evidence and witnesses to other separate acts of violence. Don't ignore the evidence including witnesses.

I am not turning blind eye to anything. I am reading the evidence that has been posted, and making a conclusion. Anyway, it's time to stop arguing about domestic violence with someone who calls himself 'an animal', talks about being accused of DV and blames the victim in the current case despite the evidence.

Animal02

Banned
Are you serious? When you try to kiss someone forcefully, you can end up with a bitten lip. Read the rest of the accounts that has been posted including evidence and witnesses to other separate acts of violence. Don't ignore the evidence including witnesses.

I am not turning blind eye to anything. I am reading the evidence that has been posted, and making a conclusion. Anyway, it's time to stop arguing about domestic violence with someone who calls himself 'an animal', talks about being accused of DV and blames the victim in the current case despite the evidence.

Wow...making assumptions about things you have no clue. Why am I not surprised that you take such an approach. It is funny how you only want to see it one way.....blind eye for sure.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
The head butt may have been inadvertent. If someone bites you lip, you're gonna shake your head violently to get away. It doesn't take too much force to fracture a tiny nose bone, either. This is just speculation, of course, but it's a very plausible explanation. Still, he shouldn't have pushed himself on her in the first place, regardless.
I don't understand how the police came to investigate a domestic issue, saw a woman with a broken nose and did nothing about it.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
Nope - showing how one sided it is. Biting someone is not defending yourself. She admitted assaulting him.....she is not exempt. Your reaction is typical that turn a blind eye due to gender.

um what? hypothetical: guy headbutts you, breaks your nose, pins himself on you, what do you do? What would i do? i got zero leverage left and my only weapon is my teeth. guy would have a big *** hole in his lip. hows that for self-defense?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Been there done that.........I could tell you stories...........all kinds of crap that occurred behind my back to set things up...(example, I grabbed her arms because I lost balance and almost fell down the stairs, she ended up with "finger" bruise marks on her arm......she had her sister take photos and a year later they were submitted as "evidence" in an attempt to deny me custody. ........I agree that until all the details come out and both sides have their say, there should ot be any judgements made.

As @forensicbuzz alludes to, these sorts of stories are not as uncommon as one might hope. I'm not divorced, but I have numerous friends who have been, and the number who have been accused of domestic violence in order to secure undisputed parental custody is not insignificant.

Don't be surprised that some people didn't read the last sentence of this post.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I don't understand how the police came to investigate a domestic issue, saw a woman with a broken nose and did nothing about it.
It may not have been very noticeable. The report states that she didn't even know it was fractured until she saw a doctor.

Also, we should probably keep the personal experiences and arguments out of this thread.

Animal02

Banned
um what? hypothetical: guy headbutts you, breaks your nose, pins himself on you, what do you do? What would i do? i got zero leverage left and my only weapon is my teeth. guy would have a big *** hole in his lip. hows that for self-defense?

I guess reading comprehension is not your strong point....."and bit his lip when he wouldn't. Investigators say Dwyer then head-butted his wife, fracturing her nose"
The head butt could have easily been self defense for getting bitten.

Animal02

Banned
It may not have been very noticeable. The report states that she didn't even know it was fractured until she saw a doctor.

Also, we should probably keep the personal experiences and arguments out of this thread.
As I said previously....."I agree that until all the details come out and both sides have their say, there should not be any judgements made"

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
As @forensicbuzz alludes to, these sorts of stories are not as uncommon as one might hope. I'm not divorced, but I have numerous friends who have been, and the number who have been accused of domestic violence in order to secure undisputed parental custody is not insignificant.

Don't be surprised that some people didn't read the last sentence of this post.
The biggest piece of evidence that ruins some of Dwyer's credibility is the text message threatening to kill himself.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
I guess reading comprehension is not your strong point....."and bit his lip when he wouldn't. Investigators say Dwyer then head-butted his wife, fracturing her nose"
The head butt could have easily been self defense for getting bitten.

oh i'm sorry, i thought you wrote "biting someone is not defending yourself" and biting someone can absolutely be self defense. why'd did you cut it off after the good part, animal? She bit his lip because he wouldn't get off of her. she didnt want sex. thats even more egregious to me then what i suggested. dwyer wants sex, wife says no, won't leave her alone and is clearly close to her face, she bites him. seems fair to me.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer

Its extremely unlikely that the woman was head butted by a 230 lb man, causing a fracture in her nose and that there were no signs of anything happening at all.

Animal02

Banned
oh i'm sorry, i thought you wrote "biting someone is not defending yourself" and biting someone can absolutely be self defense. why'd did you cut it off after the good part, animal? She bit his lip because he wouldn't get off of her. she didnt want sex. thats even more egregious to me then what i suggested. dwyer wants sex, wife says no, won't leave her alone and is clearly close to her face, she bites him. seems fair to me.

So you excuse assault because of gender. You just proved my point.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
The biggest piece of evidence that ruins some of Dwyer's credibility is the text message threatening to kill himself.

Because it shows that he loves his wife and can't imagine living without her?

Seriously, I'm not taking sides here. I haven't looked at all the evidence, and I haven't seen JD's side of the story. I just disagree with the tendency to try people in the court of public opinion before all the facts have been vetted and presented.

Some of the same people judging Dwyer as guilty probably judged Zimmerman in the Trayvon Martin death differently before and after all the data came out.

Animal02

Banned
Because it shows that he loves his wife and can't imagine living without her?

Seriously, I'm not taking sides here. I haven't looked at all the evidence, and I haven't seen JD's side of the story. I just disagree with the tendency to try people in the court of public opinion before all the facts have been vetted and presented.

Some of the same people judging Dwyer as guilty probably judged Zimmerman in the Trayvon Martin death differently before and after all the data came out.

Hey....I have been judged here solely on a nickname........just goes to show how shallow and blinded some people are.

This reminds me of the rush to judgement about Paterno in the Sandusky scandal. People read a headline and think they know all the facts.

waveprof

Georgia Tech Fan
The story here in Montgomery county that A. Peterson's domestic violence is having his son, who was bullying another kid, find a switch with which he was punished. So yes they aren't all Ray Rice type things. We need to let it play out.

The switch thing brings back memories of long ago. I have no scars and do have a healthy respect for being obedient to those in authority.
Yes, but did you end up with cut marks from your ankles to your neck and on your stomach? Somehow I think not. The man got indicted by a grand jury in TEXAS.....hardly an anti-CP state.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
some of you guys are ridiculous. i'll keep this PG so as not to hurt feelings and not get a post deleted.

Dwyer has admitted to: Putting holes in walls, throwing phones, threatening suicide, sending photos of knives. That behavior is highly disturbing.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Just so you guys know I've changed, the old DCS would have said something like this:

"No way he hit her. He avoided contact after his sophomore year."

Not anymore, by golly, I've turned over a new leaf. ;)

That's not true, the old DCS would have said something like, "Maybe she took his donuts" which is extremely inappropriate, both in attacking a former player and making light of a charge of domestic violence. That's why I, for one, am glad that the old DCS doesn't post here anymore.