Dwyer Arrested?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
The first question I had when this came out is "what is their marital status now?" If she's left him or is filing for divorce, then this may be part of building the custody case. On the other hand, she could be leaving him BECAUSE of abuse. To me, either case is a possibility, and we, the general public, can only look on and speculate. We'll probably never have the whole truth.

Unfortunately, JD is going to be guilty until proven innocent, and then probably never believed to be innocent by some. He's already being punished by potentially losing his opportunity to maintain his job. It's an easy call for Arizona, but may have dire consequences for JD's NFL future, regardless of the outcome of the charges.

Animal02

Banned
...or wanted out of the marraige and didn't want to have to share the kid with a doting, loving father. We don't know the details. Not saying which is correct, just that either is possible. Don't rush to judgement.

Been there done that.........I could tell you stories...........all kinds of crap that occurred behind my back to set things up...(example, I grabbed her arms because I lost balance and almost fell down the stairs, she ended up with "finger" bruise marks on her arm......she had her sister take photos and a year later they were submitted as "evidence" in an attempt to deny me custody. ........I agree that until all the details come out and both sides have their say, there should ot be any judgements made.

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
This is bad, if what was on the news is correct... Threw her phone out the window and injured the kid? The media has been known to report on facts that they made up, but this is all over the media. Heard it on two different radio stations in AK this morning. He's screwed even if the allegations are false.

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
If she admitted to biting his lip....she should have been charged as well.......typical example of the one way street that DV takes....especially in the media
These posts are not making you look any good with your 'accused of DV' history. The very account you just read by the wife alleges that he attempted to undress her and presumably have sex/rape while she was saying no.

And then you focus on the part she defended herself as DV?

If this is a joke, it's not funny.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
This is bad for all concerned parties including GT as he is one of our beloved heros. Maybe it's a wake up call to our society that we should not idolize these guys. They make more money than doctors, teachers, etc and why, because they entertain us. It is eerily reminiscent of how ancient Romans idolized the gladiators.

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
If anyone didn't read Eric's link, I think it answers a number of questions that were asked in this thread including evidence, Dwyer accepting at least some of the accounts and witnesses:

According to a police probable-cause statement, the first incident started around 8 a.m. on July 21, when Dwyer "attempted to kiss [his wife] and remove her clothing. The statement continues:
The victim told the defendant several times to "stop." When he continued, she bit the defendant's lip. This was done to get away from him and stop his advances. After the victim bit the defendant's lip, he head-butted her in the face, which she later learned had caused a nasal bone fracture as a result of the head butt.
A neighbor called police and reported hearing loud arguing. Dwyer's wife told police it was just her and her son in the apartment, and she was arguing loudly on the phone with a family member.

The incident wasn't reported to police until September 11, and Dwyer's wife said she didn't immediately tell police what happened because Dwyer threatened to kill himself if she told police what had happened. Even later, after Dwyer's wife took her son and left the apartment, Dwyer texted her a picture of a knife and "stated that he did not want to live anymore," the court documents state.
However, Dwyer's wife returned to the apartment the following evening, when an argument turned physical when Dwyer punched his wife in the face, according to the documents. He also threw a shoe that struck his 17-month-old son in the stomach and punched holes in the walls of the apartment. The child was not injured, according to the documents.

When Dwyer's wife said she was calling the police, Dwyer tossed her cell phone to the ground from the second floor, which witnesses reported seeing.

"Witnesses observed the victim holding her face and the toddler child . . . witnesses also saw swelling and discoloration to the left side of her face," according to the probable-cause statement.

A neighbor helped Dwyer's wife pack her things and leave the state with her son. She reported the incident to Phoenix police a couple weeks later, on September 11, after she told police she "felt safe."

According to Phoenix police, Dwyer "admitted to the incidents involving his wife" but denied physically assaulting her.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/va...ack_punched_and_head-butted_wife_cops_say.php

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Some of Dwyer's statements and actions seems like there may be some kind of mental illness there. Assuming he was not under the influence of anything anyways.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
If anyone didn't read Eric's link, I think it answers a number of questions that were asked in this thread including evidence, Dwyer accepting at least some of the accounts and witnesses:

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/va...ack_punched_and_head-butted_wife_cops_say.php
The head butt may have been inadvertent. If someone bites you lip, you're gonna shake your head violently to get away. It doesn't take too much force to fracture a tiny nose bone, either. This is just speculation, of course, but it's a very plausible explanation. Still, he shouldn't have pushed himself on her in the first place, regardless.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
The head butt may have been inadvertent. If someone bites you lip, you're gonna shake your head violently to get away. It doesn't take too much force to fracture a tiny nose bone, either. This is just speculation, of course, but it's a very plausible explanation. Still, he shouldn't have pushed himself on her in the first place, regardless.
It may have been but if he did punch her in the face the next day like it says, that's not very inadvertent.

Animal02

Banned
These posts are not making you look any good with your 'accused of DV' history. The very account you just read by the wife alleges that he attempted to undress her and presumably have sex/rape while she was saying no.

And then you focus on the part she defended herself as DV?

If this is a joke, it's not funny.

Nope - showing how one sided it is. Biting someone is not defending yourself. She admitted assaulting him.....she is not exempt. Your reaction is typical that turn a blind eye due to gender.

Animal02

Banned
I agree.....there is so much he said she said, especially after this amount of time has past. I also know how people can be coached to make things appear far differently than they are. AS I and others have posted....there should not be a rush to judgement until all the evidence and stories are heard.