Dumb question about recruiting

stech81

Helluva Engineer
What is the difference in an official visit or just a visit ? And does anyone know where we take them out to eat ? If it's not listed as any official visit can you still take them out to eat ? Are we allowed to give them anything under a certain price?

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
The difference is who pays the bill. Officials we pay for, unofficials the recruits pay for. There are also limits on how much can be spent on the meals also.

I think in the past they've gone to Fogo de Chao and Capital Grille.

crut

Helluva Engineer
The difference is who pays the bill. Officials we pay for, unofficials the recruits pay for. There are also limits on how much can be spent on the meals also.

I think in the past they've gone to Fogo de Chao and Capital Grille.
2 weeks ago during the first OV weekend of the Collins' era, they went to Capital Grille Friday Night, and then Waffle House and Top Golf on Saturday

GT_EE78

Banned
Why bother with visits after one has committed? If OV , is it just to get the free trip? i don't blame them if so,its a once in a lifetime opportunity ...

TheTimes

Jolly Good Fellow
On the unofficial visits, can "swag" be given out (hats, shirts, etc.), or are all gifts prohibited?
You can't give gifts on official or unofficial visits. They feed you on some of the unofficial also. They usually have a buffet and they charge way under market for the quality of food you'll actually get.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
2 weeks ago during the first OV weekend of the Collins' era, they went to Capital Grille Friday Night, and then Waffle House and Top Golf on Saturday
Hey, big spenders. Bet that Waffle House knocked their eyeballs back. But more to the point, when my son was pondering these things, they fed him on the "official" visits with a fairly rigidly scheduled tour and talk kind of thing, and he met most of the coaches. I took him on "unofficial" visits when we just dropped in and somebody in the athletic office would round up a football coach who showed us around, took the video, and asked questions. I was disappointed because I was always going for a major league shortstop and free World Series tickets.