Duke

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Whether or not they beat Miami is irrelevant to me right now. The fact that they are in the discussion is a testament to what good coaching can provide. This is not a traditional offense for Cutcliffe but he was willing to adapt and make changes for the betterment of his team.

I hate hear what Tech can't do, we can't change, we can't recruit, or we have to accept mediocrity when I see it being disproved time and time again. Tech can be a consistent winner, Tech can recruit, Tech can do that while being a high academic institution. No excuses.

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
I honestly think it is a flukely season for Duke. They have a relatively easy schedule. We would go 10-2 on that schedule if we played the same exact way we have already played this season. Don't get me wrong, in previous seasons Duke may not have been .500 with their schedule this year. They definitely have made some progress, but if I were you, I wouldn't mistake their success this year as them becoming the new power in the ACC.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I honestly think it is a flukely season for Duke. They have a relatively easy schedule. We would go 10-2 on that schedule if we played the same exact way we have already played this season. Don't get me wrong, in previous seasons Duke may not have been .500 with their schedule this year. They definitely have made some progress, but if I were you, I wouldn't mistake their success this year as them becoming the new power in the ACC.

Was it a flukey season for Tech in 09'? The beating the exact same teams we beat even better they beat VaTech and are beating Miami. Is it long term who knows? People have stated that what they are doing can't be done and it is. Bowl last year and now 8 games this year, even after redesigning the offense (something people on this board say CPJ can't do) they are doing it with less than stellar recruiting classes. They are trending upward.

It can be done.

Lastly Tech could easily run their offense.

Last edited:

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Congrats to Duke, and congrats to Coach Cut. I hope they roll UNC go to the championship game.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
If Duke runs the table at WF and at NC, they win the Coastal with a 6 - 2.
GT will at worst be tied for 2nd.
But if NC takes Duke at home, and everyone else wins all, then a 5 way tie for first in the Coastal.

You gotta love conference ball.

ToddM

Duke has beaten Va Tech and Miami. One of their 2 losses was to us.

Not sure we are in the position to be critical of their schedule or their year since they have done two things we couldn't

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
What hurts right now is had we beaten Clemson all of the rest of our stars aligned this weekend. VPI and Miami lost. Not that we had a chance against Clemson but I thought that was more likely than Miami losing to Duke and VPI losing any of the rest of their games...

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Yup, Clemson was a missed opportunity. You have to earn it. We haven't...yet. Maybe we will get the help we need.