Duke vs Texas A&M

Squints

Helluva Engineer
I knew someone would bring this up. Anytime we have a quality win, someone has to mention, well they didn't have whoever. We are missing a lot in our secondary and our Oline. You play with who is healthy.

From my short time being a Tech fan this is what I have learned:

1) Every team that beats us sucks so we shouldn't have loss to them.
2) Every team we beat sucks so we should have beaten them.
3) If one of the teams we beat is beating another good team then they don't actually suck anymore. However, it only happened because of luck or injuries. If we played them again they would totally destroy us.

Seem about right?

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
No, not really. It appears you think that all is well with our team and coaching, we can do no wrong. I have found out in my life that most of the things that have happened in my life has been the result of the choices I made. The same happens in the football games; the results generally depend on the choices of plays or actions during a game. The team that makes the best choices during the game generally wins.

The 3rd item may be correct, if we played Duke again with Boone as quarterback, it could have been a different outcome. Again, the choices generally decide the results. There is nothing wrong with analyzing situattions. If we played again, this does not mean the results would be the same as the first game. So, those who made the statements about Duke and Tech with Boone as quarterback could be correct. This does not mean they are correct, but they have a good argument for their assumptions.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
No, not really. It appears you think that all is well with our team and coaching, we can do no wrong.

Yea.

That's a hell of a leap to make from the four (now five) posts I've made on this or any other GT message board.

I've got no issue with analyzing the situation. That's what I want people to do . The people I'm poking fun at generally don't. If you want to analyze the situation then actually do it. Don't step into a thread say "Oh well they didn't have Boone starting so we would have lost," like it's a guarantee that doesn't need backing.

Last edited:

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
Squints: That is their opinion. The one who said that believes it, and he may be right. There would be no way to back up his point, but it is a good point, he believes it, and has the right to bring up his point. Duke did start scoring a lot of points as soon as Boone took over as starting QB. It is entirely possible that they could have beaten us, but it could never be proven true or false. However, that was his opinion and his right to make the statement. There are some who wear blinders on the board and do not want any remarks that are opposite their narrow view. This is always going to be the situation on sports boards. Boards to express opinions should never restrict the views to one side. A board that does this is not a true discussion board.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Gotta say I'm really enjoying the people and the tenor of this board. Very refreshing to actually talk Tech football for once without all the drama.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Squints: That is their opinion. The one who said that believes it, and he may be right. There would be no way to back up his point, but it is a good point, he believes it, and has the right to bring up his point.

I've never said anyone didn't have the right to express their opinion you're putting words in my mouth. However, if you express an opinion you need to support it for it to have any validity.

Duke did start scoring a lot of points as soon as Boone took over as starting QB. It is entirely possible that they could have beaten us, but it could never be proven true or false.

Notice the word I used above. Support. It's not a symbolic logic class I'm not asking anyone to prove anything.

However, that was his opinion and his right to make the statement.

I'm not saying this at all I have no idea where you're getting it from.

There are some who wear blinders on the board and do not want any remarks that are opposite their narrow view. This is always going to be the situation on sports boards. Boards to express opinions should never restrict the views to one side. A board that does this is not a true discussion board.

I agree both sides can have blinders but you can't be to quick to assume someone is wearing blinders when they just may not be convinced by the argument for valid reasons. You may not agree with their reasons but as you said it's their opinion and it's their right to express it. And I'll again emphasize I'm not trying to restrict views so I don't know why you keep harping on that point (unless you're not talking about me then my bad). But you can't have a view and expect it to be taken seriously if you can't back it up somehow, someway.

Gotta say I'm really enjoying the people and the tenor of this board. Very refreshing to actually talk Tech football for once without all the drama.

I agree. Hope it stays that way.