Duke tickets

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I am looking to buy tickets to the Tech - Duke game in Durham. I checked the Duke football website and they have tickets, but, unlike in previous years, they do not let you select the section you want. They only have "Best Available Seats." StubHub has tickets in the Tech section. Have any of you bought tickets through these online brokers? Are they reputable? Is there a way too buy them through the Tech athletic office? Thanks.

I am looking to buy tickets to the Tech - Duke game in Durham. I checked the Duke football website and they have tickets, but, unlike in previous years, they do not let you select the section you want. They only have "Best Available Seats." StubHub has tickets in the Tech section. Have any of you bought tickets through these online brokers? Are they reputable? Is there a way too buy them through the Tech athletic office? Thanks.
I can't imagine that it will be a sellout, unless Tech fans buy all the tickets. Should be tickets available even at game time. If we beat ND, I am going to try to go; don't know how I will get the tickets if I do. I would think you could try the Tech ticket office, although I imagine they have either sold the initial allotment or returned what didn't sell by now.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
Buy a General Admission ticket, and then after the game starts just go sit in the GT section. I've been to the last 3 games we've played there and there's almost always room to spread around.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Might also be issues with displaying available seating due to the current stadium construction. No way it'll be a sellout. Tickets will be available up to and after kickoff.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
no way would I buy a ticket beforehand. Just show up, I cannot imagine you would have to pay more than $5-10 at tops for a ticket. You can get into a lot of, if not most, GT home games for that.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
no way would I buy a ticket beforehand. Just show up, I cannot imagine you would have to pay more than $5-10 at tops for a ticket. You can get into a lot of, if not most, GT home games for that.

Yup, last time we played Fluke for the ACC (2009, we won 49-10) @ Fluke I went and the stadium was pretty empty and way too quiet.

This year they are going to lose most of their games and there will be more excitement on most high school sidelines than their bench. $10 should get you a great seat ..... or any seat and then move to the thousands of empty seats. I've done that before in baseball games; just get in and then move every few innings to get a different view.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
just go to your local high school and find the area you would like to sit in. Good chance that the size will be the same b/c of their awful stadium

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Buy a General Admission ticket, and then after the game starts just go sit in the GT section. I've been to the last 3 games we've played there and there's almost always room to spread around.
It must be the optimism in Durham. I have been there for 3 Tech games and got seats near the 50, halfway up. But as SidewalkGT suggests, just get in the door, wait until Tech scores, and find one of the good seats being vacated. Wait for a 2-TD lead and move to the 50 on the Duke side. The Duke fans actually, after a bit of chastening, are pretty decent. They are basketball unbearable if ahead.

bdsboy

Georgia Tech Fan
I will be making my first trip to Duke, and I bought tickets through the Tech AA. Does anyone have advice about where to park for some minor tailgating before or after the game?

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I have gone to the last four games in Durham. I park in the lot at the Erwin St - Anderson St intersection and catch the shuttle. It delivers you to the Chapel Drive bus stop, where you have a five minute walk to the stadium. The nice thing is that you are right next to the Durham Freeway, so getting out is easy.

After reading the comments here I plan to wait and buy tickets at the stadium on game day. Maybe I will score some cheapies. Durham has turned into a foodie haven in the past ten years. If anyone wants tips on where to go, let me know in this thread. I am in the triangle about 5-6 times a year.

Legal Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I lived there for 3 years and saw a decent number of games. There should be plenty of room to spread out. The only times it ever sold out were when Clemson or VT came to town. I'd keep an eye on the tickets though. While I doubt it will sell out, there is a lot more interest in their games this year so I think the era of being let in for free is over. If you can score one for cheap on stubhub before the game, that's something to think about. You should be able to move around to the Tech section pretty easily though.

Do you have a place to stay yet? Somewhat pricey but the Washington Duke Inn is a great hotel and is an easy walk to the football stadium.