Duke Tickets

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
My girlfriend is a big Duke fan, I love the white and gold. Anyone know of a way to get tickets to the GT Duke game in NC? I can find tickets for 400 but I can’t pay that for a college game. What’s the secret to getting into Duke stadium without a second mortgage?

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
You may be glad you can't get in the game because Tech is going to unfortunately get crushed

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I have tried to get into a Tech game there a couple of times with a $100 bill for a ticket and twice not been able to get it done.
Been given tickets a couple of times for other games but never been able to buy one.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Seeing GT play at dook, so I can flip off that whole place and their pompous jerk fan base, win or lose, is on my bucket list.

When that day comes, I know it will cost me a lot of money.

That's just reality. Cut the check.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Seeing GT play at dook, so I can flip off that whole place and their pompous jerk fan base, win or lose, is on my bucket list.

When that day comes, I know it will cost me a lot of money.

That's just reality. Cut the check.
My bucket list also. Seats are expensive. Can sth get tickets from tech?

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
I would go if I thought we had a good team and Duke was kinda down. But, other than that, why would anyone want to go subject themselves to that experience? Duke fans suck.

Alabama football fans suck but they usually have this good ole boy quality and you can talk and tease back and forth.

Duke fans have no redeeming qualities whatsoever and are just generally bad people.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I would go if I thought we had a good team and Duke was kinda down. But, other than that, why would anyone want to go subject themselves to that experience? Duke fans suck.

Alabama football fans suck but they usually have this good ole boy quality and you can talk and tease back and forth.

Duke fans have no redeeming qualities whatsoever and are just generally bad people.

You may have answered your own question in this post, as far as the op is concerned

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

I know less than dook undergrads that I consider solid folks. So many jerks.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I took my wife there one time. $250/ticket for the corner against UAB. ACC matchup will run you $400 minimum. Not a bad seat in the place since it's so small though.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Interesting factoid of the day....

McCamish seats 8,600
Cameron seats 9,314

Cameron definitely feels smaller, but it actually seats almost 10% more

ETA: I've been to most of the original ACC joints. JPJ and Cassell are on my bucket list still

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Interesting factoid of the day....

McCamish seats 8,600
Cameron seats 9,314

Cameron definitely feels smaller, but it actually seats almost 10% more

ETA: I've been to most of the original ACC joints. JPJ and Cassell are on my bucket list still
It’s a one level arena which might be part of it. Also they can cram a lot of capacity into the court side bleachers where the Cameron Crazies stand.

JPJ is awesome. Never seen a fan base appreciate good defense like UVA’s does. They treat the last 10 seconds of the playclock like the offense is breaking from the huddle on 3rd down. Shot clock violations bring the type of emotional release from the crowd that you get watching the defense get a sack to force a punt.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
I’ve heard JPJ is a great gameday experience. Hokie fans are notoriously raucous for football and hoops. Carrier Dome would be unique, though I don’t like huge arenas for hoops. Ive seen football in front of Touchdown Jesus, but a game in Joyce could be fun. No interest in Free Shoes, Miami, BC, Pitt, Louisville

Nationally, I’ve been to Rupp and Pauley is on the docket in January. Want to hit Phog Allen, Assembly Hall & the Pit. Probably a few others, but those are the big ones

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
My goal is to hit each ACC arena once for a GT game. Clemson was better than expected, despite the crushing loss. BC was kind of a dump, in a old campus arena kinda way. Hoping to get to Cuse this season.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Imagine how much fun it would have been to be at Cameron when our 04 broke their long winning streak.

I remember watching that game on TV. It may be the best game I've ever seen played by a GT squad.