Duke Predictions

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I think Duke has a good defense, and I don't think their offense is as bad as NW made it look. They held Stanford to 6 points and Duke to 10. I think we will have our work cut out for us, but I hope we come out ready to hit them in the mouth. We have to block better than last week, especially on the edge. Prediction: GT wins 31-21

bdsboy

Georgia Tech Fan
Duke has been good on defense but they haven't faced a decent OL this year. I don't think they will be able to stop the BB without giving up on everything else.

Tech 31
Duke 21

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I know that there is no transitive property in football.

Still, outcomes on the field should be indicative of relative strength to some extent.

This past week, Stanford beat then #6 USC 41-31. They lost to NU 16-6 in week 1.

This past week, NU beat Duke 19-10. One of Northwestern's TD's was on a Kickoff return.

So, first of all it seems that NU's O is probably not great. Only scoring 16 against the Stanford D that allowed 31 vs USC. The fact that Duke's D held NU's O to fewer points on more drives than Stanford's D may be indicative of the strength of Duke's D. However, it may just be that NU's O is bad.

However, NU's D looks pretty good. The fact that Duke's O scored as many times as Stanford's O against them suggests they may be pretty good given what Stanford's O did to USC.

In other words, there's not enough data to form a good opinion, so I'm just going to have to guess.

I'm going to say we're back on track but Duke's D still holds us to ~3pts/drive while we hold them to ~2.4.

GT 30 to 24.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I think a lot of yall who think it will be close will be suprised, they have a new QB and they don't have the weapons on offense like they had like last year so I believe their D will be on the feild a lot and get tired. GT 38 Duke 16 that is if we can actually get out assinments.