Duke opens as 6.5 pt favorite

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I knew they would be favored at home, but I thought after their sad performance against VPISU, it would be 2.5-3.5....surprised that Vegas thinks they are a touchdown favorite over UNC....oh well....I would not touch Duke with that line if I was a betting man.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It should be interesting. UNC can move the ball and will probably score a good bit. Duke will score too because, I don't think UNC has stopped anybody yet. The chances of Puke losing to UNC are probably five times as great as them losing to Wake. It has to happen for us on Thursday night.

Foxyg

Jolly Good Fellow
I foresee UNC out-gaining Duke by about 150 yards and still managing to lose as a result of turnovers, bs penalties at inopportune times and mistakes on special teams. The corporate office wants Duke to win this game for a multitude of reasons. That's probably what will happen unless UNC manages to play a cleaner game than they have all year.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
I think UNC will come out guns blazing, and focused on D. The late win had to help them recover more than the crushing loss helped Duke recover. And Boone took an absolute beating against VPI.

I'm surprised the line favors Duke so much. Vegas must be counting on a full Wallace Wade to bring some edge back to the Duke sideline.

I see this game as 60/40 in favor of Duke.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Who would've imagined (at the start of the season) a Thursday night game between UNC and Doookie IN FOOTBALL would be so pivotal to our season?

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Go Tarheels! Actually, UNC has 5 wins. Need to beat Duke to get bowl eligible. They'll be playing hard. Lot's to play for if you are UNC.

I like the way this sets up. I just wish it was UNC home instead of at Duke.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
ACC would rather have GT/FSU in the champ than Duke again. They know it, the media wants it (predicting that will be the toughest game for FSU); GT/FSU on a national scale is REALLY attractive

Lets see what happens.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm surprised the line favors Duke so much. Vegas must be counting on a full Wallace Wade to bring some edge back to the Duke sideline.

UNCheat is supposed to be Fluke's big rival. Tickets for 50 yardline seats are $35 on StubHub. UNCheat is 10 miles away. My guess is that if Wallace Wade is full, it will be because of UNCheat turning out - unless the Fluke AA ties roundball tickets to the game. On Fluke's official site they are giving a discount with food if you agree to take tickets to the Weak Forest game too. They had $30 walk-up tickets (general admin) to the VPI game.

It sucks having too many seats and not having enough fans to fill them. :rolleyes:

Jacket4Life

Jolly Good Fellow
I have a very hard time seeing Duke win this game. UNC should blow them out unless they turn the ball over a bunch. Duke really isn't that good.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
ACC would rather have GT/FSU in the champ than Duke again. They know it, the media wants it (predicting that will be the toughest game for FSU); GT/FSU on a national scale is REALLY attractive

Lets see what happens.

If ACC goes 4-0 against SEC, and some other chips fall GT's way...you could see gameday at the ACC Championship IMO.

mmbt0ne

Jolly Good Fellow
I would just like to make it clear that I will write term papers for every one of the UNC players' AFAM classes if they win this game.

Hit me up, guys.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
ACC would rather have GT/FSU in the champ than Duke again. They know it, the media wants it (predicting that will be the toughest game for FSU); GT/FSU on a national scale is REALLY attractive.

A GT/F$U ACCCG is really attractive for CFB fans. The corporate masters of the ACC? Probably not.

A GT/F$U ACCGC could eliminate the ACC from the Final 4 with a GT win which everyone has to acknowledge is more likely than a Fluke win over F$U given what has happened in the last four weeks. The loss of money and prestige going into the new playoff format is not something that I think the ACC would want to risk for slightly higher TV ratings/ticket sales for the ACCCG.

The media (read eSECpn) would like GT/F$U because with that GT win it becomes more likely that another SEC team gets a chance at the Final 4. As a big plus it gives them another chance to :poop: all over the ACC for another 12 months if the ACC is left out of the Final 4.

I know that as a GT fan and a CFB fan, I want GT/F$U. It should be a better game all around. I hope we get it.

Thankfully the UNCheat & Fluke players are really the only people that can determine the outcome.

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
Wake will save us.
You mean this Wake?
upload_2014-11-17_9-19-13.png