2nd Half
Interception (Turnover)
4 TDs
1 Punt

6 possessions

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for breakdown.
By way I had predicted "35-7 as we gelled".
I was feeling pretty smart till we started self destructing.

In second half did see curl (gamble around Kerge) - no impact but I enjoyed watching it .

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
IIrc, our D faced ~46 plays in the 1st half while our O had ~27. We also allowed 300+ yds.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Fumbles happened on the GT 3 and GT 33. I think these fumbles covered the hidden issue in the 1st half.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I don't care how many damn yards we give up if we keep em off the scoreboard. We got stops in the first half which is great. Bent but didn't break. Worked in half 1 not so much in half 2. The turnovers we gave up hurt but that's football. D has to overcome and get more stops in half 2. 28 points surrendered was painful.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I don't care how many damn yards we give up if we keep em off the scoreboard. We got stops in the first half which is great. Bent but didn't break. Worked in half 1 not so much in half 2. The turnovers we gave up hurt but that's football. D has to overcome and get more stops in half 2. 28 points surrendered was painful.

The second half doesn't happen in a vacuum. After the first series of 2nd half, we had basically played what had been a whole game.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
No I agree. There is a lot going wrong on D. 1st half performance would have been ok if replicated in 2nd. But it wasn't. And the average for both halfs is disturbing.

Talking about vacuums...we seemed to have some in the flats and over the middle. PJ makes a difference. I'd like to see PJ back and more Lewis. I think Lewis has better wheels than our other backers. We got probs though.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I told the people sitting near me in the stands, as the teams were heading to the locker rooms at halftime, that if you were DOOK, you would have to feel pretty good about your chances of mounting a comeback. That is the biggest problem with the bend but don't break. We bent so so far, far enough to go past the yield strength, even if we didn't break. There was permanent damage done, just like body blows in the early rounds of a boxing match while maybe forfeiting a few on the scorecard. You can't give up 350 yards in a half of football (regardless of the number of points) and have it be OK, especially when there weren't many big plays contributing.