duke_at_georgia_tech_0070.jpg

duke_at_georgia_tech_0071.jpg

duke_at_georgia_tech_0073.jpg

duke_at_georgia_tech_0082.jpg

duke_at_georgia_tech_0083.jpg

Last edited:

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Sometimes I wish there were captions under the photos. I really would like to know who all the special guests were -the young men at the beginning who were all wearing Tech t-shirts, the older men in a row doffing their hats to the crowd, the man and the woman posing with Buzz and the men in suits and the woman dressed up. I have a guess on all of them but since I was not at the game I would like to verify their identities.

Yoda

Helluva Engineer
Has JT had some type of surgery on his right knee before? Scar? Also, Stonewall looks like a bull!!

Last edited:

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Sometimes I wish there were captions under the photos.
Yup, I'm working on figuring out the best way to caption and learning how the pros do it so quickly. :sorry:

the young men at the beginning who were all wearing Tech t-shirts
These are the male cheerleaders, the guys that you see running with the giant GT flag and the smaller flags that spell out "Jackets". These guys are waiting for the Ramblin' Wreck to come out of the tunnel.

the older men in a row doffing their hats to the crowd
The #DUKEvsGT game was the Heroes Day game and I believe these older gentlemen are GT alumni who are veterans.

the man and the woman posing with Buzz
I'm afraid I don't know who these two are. I believe the woman is one of the GTAA staff that makes sure everything goes smoothly and according to schedule.

and the men in suits and the woman dressed up
I am not sure who the gentlemen waving is but the man standing next to President Peterson is Juan Carlos Varela, the current President of Panama and GT alumnus. I actually thought the man waving was the President of Panama but having looked it up on google, it's actually the other guy. Oops.