Duke @ Georgia Tech 7pmEST on RSN

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Do the schools, or the conference, have unbreakable contracts with these stations? Last night, NC State was playing a ranked Liberty team in a tight game on some random local channel. ACC network had no game at the same time.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Do the schools, or the conference, have unbreakable contracts with these stations? Last night, NC State was playing a ranked Liberty team in a tight game on some random local channel. ACC network had no game at the same time.
I don’t think it’s unbreakable but there’s likely a cost. We were supposed to be the ACCN game @ Miami at 8pm when time slots and stations were doled out.

Could the ACCN have tried to pay for the rights to the NC State game after ours was postponed? I think so, but I can’t say for certain. When Syracuse played us earlier this year, the local rights were picked up by the YES network, yet the YES network initially decided to broadcast a Live Yankees game at the same time. Weird, but not the point. As a result there was some negotiating and posturing about the cost for another network to gain the rights so that locals could watch the game Live (rather than a replay later that night).

slugboy

Staff member
ACC gets the money, regardless. No reason to give that up.
Sinclair has to find a way to cover their costs with just ?two? carriers now. The pressure is on them.

Being in the Metro Atl Area it seems that it is easier to see a Ga State Gm on ESPN2 or ESPNU than it is to get GT a Pwr5 Team on this RSN crap or the ACCN

Gotta be the worst TV Deal in the history of the Pwr5

My theory is that this RSN crap favors viewers in the Carolinas and the rest of the Conf just has to take the "L"

Maryland sure does look like geniuses with each passing yr, now they're at full membership in the B1G Conf and are raking in $55 million each yr from the Conf, that could've been us

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
The backstory on RSN is that Raycom basically sublet part of their package prior to the start of ACC Network. When ACCN came on board, they basically absorbed what used to be the Raycom package. However, the RSN contract couldn't be undone, and it runs through 2026-27. They are essentially getting the last pick among games every weekend.

Don't think it really mattered to most people until Sinclair bought most of the Fox RSNs as part of Fox-Disney deal. They made a horrific deal after a lot of the heavy hitters like Amazon, MLB, Liberty dropped out of the bidding. So now they are playing hardball with the carriers like Dish and YTTV to get them to pay higher carriage fees. Will be interesting to see is anything changes with Ballys sponsorship and start of NBA season coming up in Dec.

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
I really did read this thread and the other one, but I got lost somewhere with the newer articles on the RSN buy-out. I will be at the game if played, but I always like to record it (to torture myself later and rewatch), and my mom can't come so she likes to watch it. What providers still have RSN - only ATT-TV? Is that right? thanks, all