Who covers?

• GT Covers

Votes: 58 85.3%
  • Duke Covers

Votes: 10 14.7%

• Total voters

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
GT opens as more or less a FG favorite in what is essentially a pick em.

S&P predicted win % rest of season [My computer predicted spread]
GT vs Duke- 47% [GT -6]
GT @ VT - 39% [VT -1]
GT @ UNC - 67% [GT - 20]
GT vs Miami - 32% [Miami -8]
GT vs UVA - 48% [GT -5]
GT @ UGA - 9% [UGA -25]

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
Seems about right. Most of the prediction polls have the game between 47%-51% from what I've seen. Throw in the 3 points for home field and -2.5 seems right. We just need to take care of business.

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
GT isn’t as bad as most of us think, only bad loss is Pitt and that happens every year we always lose a fluke one. USF and Clemson are undefeated.

yeah its really hard to pin down where exactly GT is right now.

2 losses are at home to a perinneal contender and on the road to an undefeated team

Wins are over teams with a combined 1 win over FBS competition

Pitt is just as GT has been

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
I haven't watched Duke, how do they look this year? They have a better record, are coming off a BYE, and have outplayed us recently. I'm actually surprised they have it as a wash (home field being worth a FG).

slugboy

Staff member
They look good. Their defense plays smart. They tackle. Their quarterback will pull it down and run it. Lots of midrange passing.
Not much in the running game, but that might just be VT with good defense.

[YouTube] LOabBKv_X9U[/YouTube]
Season to date, Northwestern and Baylor look about even with us, and Duke handled them both in double digit wins.
Two questions for the upcoming game: 1. Is Duke getting worse, like you might guess from the VT game, and 2. Is GT getting better like you might guess from the Louisville game?
We need the answers to both to be “yes”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
They look good. Their defense plays smart. They tackle. Their quarterback will pull it down and run it. Lots of midrange passing.
Not much in the running game, but that might just be VT with good defense.

[YouTube] LOabBKv_X9U[/YouTube]
Season to date, Northwestern and Baylor look about even with us, and Duke handled them both in double digit wins.
Two questions for the upcoming game: 1. Is Duke getting worse, like you might guess from the VT game, and 2. Is GT getting better like you might guess from the Louisville game?
We need the answers to both to be “yes”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Duke's QB wont run much since he just got a metal plate put in his shoulder