Duke ATL chart

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Han Solo Optimism GIF by Star Wars

Bonaire41

Jolly Good Fellow
Where is sanders at? is he hurt or has he left the team again? To be so highly sought after from high school he has been a bust at Florida and has been a bust at tech. I guess some kids are not cut out for college and big boy football?

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
Where is sanders at? is he hurt or has he left the team again? To be so highly sought after from high school he has been a bust at Florida and has been a bust at tech. I guess some kids are not cut out for college and big boy football?
You mean Clayton not sanders. I mean the guy has been hurt every year in his career and has never been healthy for more then 2 games or so. Heā€™s banged up right now and not provided a ton. Heā€™s got his tech degree so heā€™s sitting fine. He also has a kid so he has that also in his life. Anything from him is a bonus, heā€™s also been noted as a very valuable mentor to the young guys.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Anyone that wants to question coaching just needs to look at that DL ATL. Our only senior is a walk on, heā€™s the only one and there are 0 juniors!! One guy in your two oldest classes! Thatā€™s just tough sledding.
Not the players, but the scheme, but that's a debate for a different thread. Very happy we get to see White play this Saturday. I hope he plays well. On offense, Ezzard seems to have gone MIA. Is he injured?

Last edited:

JacketintheNati

Georgia Tech Fan
Anyone that wants to question coaching just needs to look at that DL ATL. Our only senior is a walk on, heā€™s the only one and there are 0 juniors!! One guy in your two oldest classes! Thatā€™s just tough sledding.
This is a bit misleading 97,99,95,5 are all in their third years or more at GT. Yes 3 of them are not ATL but we are playing one DT now. DE have seen several transfers which is likely indicative of better players, but to keep referring back to issue of what was left behind is excuse making.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Here's a nice write-up on Malik, who is rooming with the biggest guy on the team. Fwiw, Rutherford is up to 153 lbs, but did arrive on campus at 138.

Two things strike me about Rutherford. One is that guys his size often prove they can play if given a chance but a bias against small size often keeps them from getting a chance. Clint Castleberry was the same size at Tech and may have been our greatest running back ever.

People will respond with ā€œbigger players are faster today and better trainingā€ yada, yada, yada, but smaller players were not discriminated against until late in the last century. I remember Cecil Dowdy, a 190 pound All American guard at Alabama would went up against guys 40-50 pounds heavier and beat them. Anyway, I love it when guys ā€œwho donā€™t have football bodiesā€ prove conventional thinking wrong. I loved it when CPJā€™s ā€œundersizedā€ offensive lines used to push uga defensive lines all over the field.

The second thing is I wonder if Rutherford would have gotten attention from other teams if Tech had not shown early and regular love. Sometimes it takes one team showing intense love to give other teams courage to follow their instincts. Anyone remember our ā€œtinyā€ twin defensive backs, one of which was the hero of the miracle on Techwood? CPJ showed them early love on the recruiting trail and it eventually caused other teams to take notice, including South Carolina who battled us hard for them at the end.

slugboy

Staff member
AJC (Suguira) on the depth chart (linked below). White looks BIG in the photo. Hopefully, heā€™s a terror on the field, and heā€™s ready to play.
Iā€™m not sure about the OL, but at least Cooper is back on the list. Hopefully, heā€™s 100%. Thatā€™s one of the biggest factors in the game (to me).
He mentions Griffin being out, but that thereā€™s less of a need for DTs in a 3-3-5. I see other NCAA defenses swap to different formations during a game, but for a while it seems like weā€™ve decided that thereā€™s only one defensive formation we can handle at a time. I know that you ā€œhave to get your base downā€, but weā€™ve already ā€œlearnedā€ the 4-2-5, and Iā€™m not sure why we canā€™t occasionally swap in a DT and swap out an LB or nickel.

IM79

Jolly Good Fellow
Not the players, but the scheme, but that's a debate for a different thread. Very happy we get to see White play this Saturday. I hope he plays well. On offense, Ezzard seems to have gone MIA. Is he injured?
Re: Ezzard. Below is link to last weeks report on him. He was fully dressed and I saw him occasionally holding his helmet. Didnā€™t look hurt but with Collinsā€™ injury report paranoia you never know whatā€™s going on.