Dragon Con 2019

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Wait - what about the question "What are you wearing"?:cool:

Great question. I'm wearing an array of comic book t-shirts that I curate each year, special for Dragon Con.

I don't have the time, creativity, or guts to do Cosplay. Actually, I probably have too much of a gut to do Cosplay.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Although I am an avid sci-fi fan, I suspect a 68 year old would be a bit out of place at such an event. I will live vicariously through others who go....

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Although I am an avid sci-fi fan, I suspect a 68 year old would be a bit out of place at such an event. I will live vicariously through others who go....

I think that's reasonable, but I think you'd be surprised at the all ages crowd.

For the Trekkies out there, Shatner & Takei will be guests this year.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I think that's reasonable, but I think you'd be surprised at the all ages crowd.

For the Trekkies out there, Shatner & Takei will be guests this year.
Actually, I do make a decent Obi-wan Kenobi (the elder)

YjxcWhiCzavaGz-UFmGkrUINHoOZeeQgKBrGJQKhQLe5fXfxxqZQmtPrMQgUDb3ak-HASCkwlLjTlLr_W-k_6Y4VHcIBVGikcgWFv6BgoH_5Vaw3WkAY1KC5OjvXouJBNKFjWL__Leur8jkfX4dEbtiwLhpHMDcp39H7JtJv4yqoZHGvjT7Npw8j0tXONE-ogFCNTMC5jpfQQEH9Ks_EdZ4LQ9Oxb1PpBJGPZFUZo7QO7OLfjinrs4hkMjC199nvOD3j-zWgIzQtVlZEQ9i5BSLEqQChhrdzc6820Tm3pAHFwBcmf_CpZE1Dm4mIAQsCbiLATUdsrdOi3hNAsKixqA5wgZUZTHDkalikEo2duaNuECELupioy20CByGdSHbpq4Oh4VlWQShxdCEPEMttowoA2vdg2pR6X3zQcaLgD27bruqGBeytBU8T2ALO9uL8EMWkDtyuMIVBeSYGC5uCVujc5NX-hOI1CWFlnlRAMGIT6rTfwNajcPvhmH8kSAZYAajXAcg2Sna3dAHTl7_96N06ynb5EI271euNGp_NS7ezu4Ze4CqA-tGUMIX7dEWKPDERk9PJ-r_qS9X9HILLG9XEkf1hYyrlWvTnFxZcSpMtkMbN0aHKI41WlndmaR9Z4gnkjqf7wLKr9VtAQXWkwY7Wh2X94TDp=w582-h776-no

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Given the indication that you enjoy comic books, they have a pretty solid lineup of writers & artists on that front.

That said, I don't think you're getting that cage match.

True but it would draw the biggest dragoncon crowd ever. My money would be on Shattner.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
True but it would draw the biggest dragoncon crowd ever. My money would be on Shattner.

It wouldn't move the needle that much and Dragon Con isn't hurting for a draw that they need two octogenarians putting on a cage match to settle their feud. Star Trek just isn't a significant driving factor and they're doing really well without it.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
It wouldn't move the needle that much and Dragon Con isn't hurting for a draw that they need two octogenarians putting on a cage match to settle their feud. Star Trek just isn't a significant driving factor and they're doing really well without it.

Everyone I know that likes dragoncon would love to see it :D

slugboy

Staff member
I know some of the planners in different areas. Not sure if they’ll have the biggest crowd ever, but they’re expecting huge crowds and a lot of excitement. Tennant is one of the reasons.
One thing to keep in mind is that they flood the downtown hotels and conference rooms, year in/year out. They’re at (or very near) capacity, unless there’s other room around them that they can start taking on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I know some of the planners in different areas. Not sure if they’ll have the biggest crowd ever, but they’re expecting huge crowds and a lot of excitement. Tennant is one of the reasons.
One thing to keep in mind is that they flood the downtown hotels and conference rooms, year in/year out. They’re at (or very near) capacity, unless there’s other room around them that they can start taking on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Been like this for a while. 75,000 people flooding downtown for Dragon Con the past few years and that's without accounting for the parade influx.

Tennant's high on my list, especially given 2 companions.

Key cast from The Boys, including Karl Urban were just announced, so I'm binging that this week.

I'm also looking forward to the comics programming. They really stepped that up this year.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Last year I think you had dragoncon and a big concert downtown Alan’s black gay pride weekend...along with a Tech football game. Midtown was a mess of pedestrian and auto traffic.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Last year I think you had dragoncon and a big concert downtown Alan’s black gay pride weekend...along with a Tech football game. Midtown was a mess of pedestrian and auto traffic.

And Chick Fil A Kickoff Classic.

This has been ATL's Labor Day weekend for over a decade. It's always a mad house.

slugboy

Staff member
Been like this for a while. 75,000 people flooding downtown for Dragon Con the past few years and that's without accounting for the parade influx.

Tennant's high on my list, especially given 2 companions.

Key cast from The Boys, including Karl Urban were just announced, so I'm binging that this week.

I'm also looking forward to the comics programming. They really stepped that up this year.

One thing that’s frustrating is that it’s the same weekend as the Decatur Book Festival. DragonCon is going strong and getting great authors, but DBF isn’t what it was even 5-10 years ago.
I don’t think there’s much overlap between the authors. Maybe I’m wrong. DBF has comic book authors come in, but it seems like all the fun is in Midtown that weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk