Dorms

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
I entered in the summer of '68, lived in Towers dorm on the Interstate side, No AC, smelled the Varsity 24/7. Vietnam was raging, hippies were on 10th street. I was on probation after my 2nd quarter, had to talk my way back in by the spring of '69. Couldn't drop classes and still keep my student deferment. Had to have at least 12 hours per quarter to stay out of draft in '69, or '70 ? But still, despite the pressure, I learned a lot and fell in love with "Ma Tech". Sports , and FB in particular was my passion and distraction. I spent waaaay too much time watching practice at Rose Bowl - instead of studying. Somehow, by the grace of God, I got out in winter quarter of '73 a more mature and focused person.
So for over 50 years , I have lived and breathed all things Tech. Ask Mrs. Sheboygan about that. I ALMOST became a full time Badger Fan during TFG years, but the hiring of Key has renewed my passion. He is one of us ! He gets it ! He may not be wildly successful, but I know one thing. He will give it everything he has got for the school he loves.
That certain almost intangible connection to Tech will get the most a man/woman can give. Will it be enough ? Who knows at this point ? But I do know Key will not tolerate mediocrity from players or staff, and he will not be looking for his next step up the ladder. He doesn't want flash and distraction. He wants dedication and maximum effort. Discipline and hard work. It's a new day and I could not be more excited.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
I entered in the summer of '68, lived in Towers dorm on the Interstate side, No AC, smelled the Varsity 24/7. Vietnam was raging, hippies were on 10th street. I was on probation after my 2nd quarter, had to talk my way back in by the spring of '69. Couldn't drop classes and still keep my student deferment. Had to have at least 12 hours per quarter to stay out of draft in '69, or '70 ? But still, despite the pressure, I learned a lot and fell in love with "Ma Tech". Sports , and FB in particular was my passion and distraction. I spent waaaay too much time watching practice at Rose Bowl - instead of studying. Somehow, by the grace of God, I got out in winter quarter of '73 a more mature and focused person.
So for over 50 years , I have lived and breathed all things Tech. Ask Mrs. Sheboygan about that. I ALMOST became a full time Badger Fan during TFG years, but the hiring of Key has renewed my passion. He is one of us ! He gets it ! He may not be wildly successful, but I know one thing. He will give it everything he has got for the school he loves.
That certain almost intangible connection to Tech will get the most a man/woman can give. Will it be enough ? Who knows at this point ? But I do know Key will not tolerate mediocrity from players or staff, and he will not be looking for his next step up the ladder. He doesn't want flash and distraction. He wants dedication and maximum effort. Discipline and hard work. It's a new day and I could not be more excited.
A couple more memories for you from a Techwood resident:

1671912906726.png

1671912894462.png

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Regarding the Portal (and Towers), you have to doubt that the Bare As$ 500 would be a draw to get players out of the portal, but(t) it did build camaraderie and build a slush fund from t-shirt sales. 😁

iopjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I also entered Tech in the summer of '68, lived in Perry Dorm. Probation, Co-oping, and working after class stalled getting out to winter quarter of '74. Been a Tech fan since enrolling.

Jolly Good Fellow
Wow. Towers is the gold standard now. But I can’t imagine back then.

Personally I’m a Caldwell veteran. West Campus Best Campus :p
LOL!
Towers 73-74 Freshman ( Room 230, facing west...Hotter than Hell....)
Caldwell 74-75 Sophmore (still had that new car smell..)
April 8, 1974....Towers dorm...windows open...about 8pm...Area 1 explodes....loudest noise I'd ever heard...
What happened? (No fair Googling date......)

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
LOL!
Towers 73-74 Freshman ( Room 230, facing west...Hotter than Hell....)
Caldwell 74-75 Sophmore (still had that new car smell..)
April 8, 1974....Towers dorm...windows open...about 8pm...Area 1 explodes....loudest noise I'd ever heard...
What happened? (No fair Googling date......)
hank aaron 715

april 8 is my birthday so its easy for me to remember that