Dorian Walker Transferring

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
If we give this to our team will it improve our overall talenti level?
Personally, I think giving the recruits and players free ice cream would be a terrific development. They're still young; they could eat ice cream by the gallon and, as long as they keep up their exercise, it'll all go to muscle.

Unfortunately, some of us are old. I have pretty much sworn off the stuff due to the effects it has on my weight. This - along with no cake - is one of the major injustices of the universe, imho.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
What the? Do y'all not realize that's a recruiting violation (at GT)? Death penalty.

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
Personally, I think giving the recruits and players free ice cream would be a terrific development. They're still young; they could eat ice cream by the gallon and, as long as they keep up their exercise, it'll all go to muscle.

Unfortunately, some of us are old. I have pretty much sworn off the stuff due to the effects it has on my weight. This - along with no cake - is one of the major injustices of the universe, imho.
Frozen yogurt

Techster

Helluva Engineer

True story. Wes Durham told this on the radio a few years ago.

During the George O'Leary years, they were recruiting this one SA. Apparently the staff wanted him pretty badly. The guy ended up choosing another school. The staff asked the kid why he chose the other school over GT. The kid said the other school's players cafeteria had a soft serve ice cream machine and GT didn't.

The next day GT player's cafeteria had a brand new soft serve ice cream machine.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
True story. Wes Durham told this on the radio a few years ago.

During the George O'Leary years, they were recruiting this one SA. Apparently the staff wanted him pretty badly. The guy ended up choosing another school. The staff asked the kid why he chose the other school over GT. The kid said the other school's players cafeteria had a soft serve ice cream machine and GT didn't.

The next day GT player's cafeteria had a brand new soft serve ice cream machine.

I remember that. I'm fairly sure it was a QB recruit we lost to MD. Name escapes me. He ended up at receiver.

96Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I remember that. I'm fairly sure it was a QB recruit we lost to MD. Name escapes me. He ended up at receiver.
Was it Latrez Harrison? I remember that anecdote but couldn't remember which player it was attached to.

Y'all need to get ice cream makers. Once you know how to make your own, nothing beats it - Jeni's, Bluebell, Publix, Ben & Jerry's - nothing.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
When i clicked on the thread quickly i thought it read "Darren Waller transferring" and became really confused lol

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Was it Latrez Harrison? I remember that anecdote but couldn't remember which player it was attached to.

Y'all need to get ice cream makers. Once you know how to make your own, nothing beats it - Jeni's, Bluebell, Publix, Ben & Jerry's - nothing.

That's the name. I knew one of the hostesses from his visit. I remember she said he was a nice guy. She also hosted Dre Bly (who ended up at UNC), said he was a complete dbag.

Funny thing is, one of my dad's army friends told me years later that his son was recruited by O'Leary/Friedgen to replace JoeHamm but he ended up not getting the grades or something. I always thought it was Harrison but was never sure. When he told me that I was like, "Uh-huh, I don't care dude." so I never really thought about it. Cool story, bro.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
I should have been a little more clear. that's on me.

I meant (by entitlement) the ones that get trophies and ice cream, need a safe space, and words written in chalk are hurtful, are the ones that's sad.

I had a pretty good idea of what you meant. I just think it's a lazy and overly simplistic way to frame things and a whole lot of people.

But for the record my girlfriend has gotten me into Cherry Garcia recently. Big fan.

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
I had a pretty good idea of what you meant. I just think it's a lazy and overly simplistic way to frame things and a whole lot of people.

But for the record my girlfriend has gotten me into Cherry Garcia recently. Big fan.

maybe lazy and over simplistic but its true (for the most part).