Dontae!!!

bigrabbit

Jolly Good Fellow
I hope he’s staying because he’s excited about our new staff and imagining life in the near future as a GT alum.

Hopefully not because he found out there are no 6 figure NIL deals out there for him (much less the 7 figure deals uga starters apparently get).

Must be interesting coaching 18 year olds making more money than you do.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I hope he’s staying because he’s excited about our new staff and imagining life in the near future as a GT alum.

Hopefully not because he found out there are no 6 figure NIL deals out there for him (much less the 7 figure deals uga starters apparently get).

Must be interesting coaching 18 year olds making more money than you do.
Dontae was never really exploring the portal, so NIL deals are kind of irrelevant. He just had an extra year of eligibility to spend due to Covid and he decided to use it, presumably to get some sort of Master’s degree.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
He had nagging issues and injuries through the majority of the season.

CBK specifically called him out in a post game presser late in the season complimenting his pass rush pickups and speaking highly of him as a team first dude. High praise from a previous OL Coach.

I suspect we will see him more regularly in the new offense.

bigrabbit

Jolly Good Fellow
Dontae was never really exploring the portal, so NIL deals are kind of irrelevant. He just had an extra year of eligibility to spend due to Covid and he decided to use it, presumably to get some sort of Master’s degree.
My bad, thought he had two years and was frustrated not getting carries.

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
He had nagging issues and injuries through the majority of the season.

CBK specifically called him out in a post game presser late in the season complimenting his pass rush pickups and speaking highly of him as a team first dude. High praise from a previous OL Coach.

I suspect we will see him more regularly in the new offense.
The article in the AJC said he had battled injuries this year, but that was all it said and there were no specifics. Not sure what is exactly true, but I like to think that is what it was not that he was in the doghouse. My fav thing about Dontae is that the first guy never gets him. Maybe he gets a yard or -1, but it takes 2 at least to get him down. He's SO slippery!!!

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
The article in the AJC said he had battled injuries this year, but that was all it said and there were no specifics. Not sure what is exactly true, but I like to think that is what it was not that he was in the doghouse. My fav thing about Dontae is that the first guy never gets him. Maybe he gets a yard or -1, but it takes 2 at least to get him down. He's SO slippery!!!
Slippery, strong, tough runner with decent speed as well. Somebody we like having in our backfield. Really glad he's coming back next year.