Dolla Dolla Bill, y'all

Have you drastically reduced the use of physical cash since the pandemic arrived?

• Yes

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • No

Votes: 16 59.3%

• Total voters

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
Isn't this illegal?

I went to the Tiff's Treats in Midtown before one of the GT basketball games this year and they took cards only. First time I had seen it, my guess was they had some issues with being robbed since they were open late so this took some of the liability away.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Isn't this illegal?

No, it’s not illegal. In fact, most Apple stores do this/have done this with the launch of new iPhones, to try and prevent scalpers from buying with cash and reselling. At least when that was a thing, I’m not sure if there’s as much of that (or a market for) anymore. It’s just that if you accept cash, you have to accept the US dollar here in the US. Plenty of businesses aren’t accepting cash at all right now, especially in my line of work (golf courses).

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I learned how to use Venmo because of the pandemic and have the exact same dash on my dresser that I had there 6 weeks ago. Well, except for whatever my wife stole

:)
You misspelled borrowed... , But definitely do not ask your wife for spelling help...[emoji6]

Last edited:

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I never carry cash....it's credit card for everything. I like the rewards plus I like telling all the panhandlers, people peddling stuff for various organizations, people at work taking up collections for showers, etc. truthfully that I don't have cash. I used to get nickled and dimed to death when I carried the stuff. Now I can empathize and it doesn't cost me a cent.

I contribute to charitable and worthwhile organizations but like to do it my own terms and without surprises. Also, me and the family have stocked our vehicles with small bags of prepackaged snacks and bottled water for people that we feel are truly in need of food. It's not uncommon for the "needy" to decline these btw. I am not giving $5 or $10 for somebody to spend on unnecessary goods or services.