Do y’all think Tech can ever put it together ?

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I think they can. There’s a lot of “ifs” that go along with my opinion but I guess it’s possible. Still waiting....

Milwaukee

Banned
Johnson was not Radakovich's choice as head coach. The old fart board wanted Johnson. Clough told Radakovich that he would support Radakovich's choice, then stabbed him in the back and went with the old fart big donor board.

I knew Radakovich would be looking for a job after that happened. It was his first big hire, and the President and the Board overruled him. I do not blame him for leaving.

The decline in Tech athletics can be directly traced to the leadership vacuum that has existed since Kim King got sick and subsequently passed away.

I honestly did not know this, thank you.

I'm not sure that even makes sense. So we gave him bookooh's of money and he refused to funnel it to football? I've been out of town since 09-10 so you may know things close to the program that I don't.
All I can say to that is that Johnson has been asking for additional staff and other resources since he arrived at Tech, and TStan is the first of the 3 AD's to respond.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Personally, I think it will take either an absurd amount of luck or some sort of serious effort by the school to commit to football. Johnson has talked about it on multiple occasions, but the big wigs running Tech are too intent on maintaing academic integrity and forcing athletes through the ringer instead of winning. Plus, most successful Tech alumni aren't too worried about football winning percentage. In the current cfb arms race, the window only gets smaller.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
The true Frosh ha a history of Injuries and while he i fat, he played against 2A Comp much like the QB Campbell Kid who was suppose to be a great QB prospect... Once healthy if he stays on Offense I see him as an ABack.. VT wanted him at anything but QB... It will be interesting for sure
True fresh has injury history? I’ve only heard of one, id day that’s far from “history” unless there has been more. Also Campbell not playing QB for us doesn’t necessarily mean he didn’t have the talent, it could have just been not reading plays well which is more about eyes and mind but not talent. Another player could come in and just be able to read players better. The true freshman is the real deal and could be starting in year two imo. VT wanting him at other positions and not at QB also has no baring on if he would be good for us at QB, because we run AlOT more than VT so it can be completely different when they offer a QB and we offer a QB.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Not quite and not my point. Our facilities are way below others and we are saddled with a lot of legacy debt. No, we aren't in danger of closing the program down a la 1980 ... but we are in a phase of having to "catch up" and that won't happen until after the legacy costs roll off. So, I expect that a new enthusiasm will occur a) when those legacy costs roll off and we can reinvest at much faster rate than today and b) when the next coach comes in in 3-5 years. Both events will happen concurrently.

I'm not negative. In fact, I'm very optimistic that the program appears to be heading to a very good state. It just isn't going to happen as fast as everyone likes.
We are never "catching up" to the factories in facilities. We are actually ahead of most programs with our budget.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
All I can say to that is that Johnson has been asking for additional staff and other resources since he arrived at Tech, and TStan is the first of the 3 AD's to respond.
And I think that meager increase in recruiting staff is gonna pay off big time. The new lockeroom will as well as will the new uni provider. We have a new DC as well. There are lots of steps being made to improve the program that I believe will pay big dividends on the field.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
And I think that meager increase in recruiting staff is gonna pay off big time. The new lockeroom will as well as will the new uni provider. We have a new DC as well. There are lots of steps being made to improve the program that I believe will pay big dividends on the field.

+1000, Now we just need a little bit of time to get the fruits of this to pay off. Hopefully nothing dumb happens and CPJ leaves or idiots win and get him pushed out.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Personally, I think it will take either an absurd amount of luck or some sort of serious effort by the school to commit to football. Johnson has talked about it on multiple occasions, but the big wigs running Tech are too intent on maintaing academic integrity and forcing athletes through the ringer instead of winning. Plus, most successful Tech alumni aren't too worried about football winning percentage. In the current cfb arms race, the window only gets smaller.

We finished 2014 ranked #8 without sacrificing academics. In fact, we were very close to having a one-loss season and we beat the Dwags. While academics may present an extra hurdle, it does not make things impossible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
We finished 2014 ranked #8 without sacrificing academics. In fact, we were very close to having a one-loss season and we beat the Dwags. While academics may present an extra hurdle, it does not make things impossible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The planets aligned perfectly that year. I'd prefer not to wait for the next alignment.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I might be delusional but I'm waiting for the big shift in college athletics where the 4-5* SA's realize the factories are just using them and they decide it's best to get a solid education along with playing D1 sports ...
Not sure how the college bball scandal will sort out, but maybe it'll get someones attention enough to level the playing field in all college sports.
And sign me up for YES we will put it all together ... "Together We Swarm is eternal !!