Do we have to pull for FSU now?

ybeenormal

Jolly Good Fellow
I have changed my mind from the close loss last night. Just looking at Winston do that squint thing then immediately have his eyes wide open looking like his eyes were gonna pop out of his head made me sick to my stomach. Been a long time since I have despised a college player like I do him. However, I would love to see FSU win it all again. This would just prove that we had the best team in the country on the ropes plus gotta pull for the acc

Tempest_12

Jolly Good Fellow
While a win last night would have been awesome, we wouldn't have pulled ahead of anyone as OSU, TCU and Baylor all did what they needed to do. In fact, it would have hurt the conference, by eliminating the ACC from the playoff.

As an ACC fan, I find myself pulling for FSU to win the NC as much as I hate them.

Am I alone?

Yeah. I don't care who wins it as long as it's not Alabama. So unless it's FSU on Bama then FSU can go die.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
For all those who complain about SEC bias, and the "disrespect" the ACC gets, then you need to root for FSU despite how you feel for Jameis Winston or how you perceive FSU. ACC teams winning against non-conference opponents, especially SEC teams, is nothing but good for the ACC. Going 4-0 Hate Week and winning the National Championship is how the ACC can start changing the narrative.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm not. I think they'll be Bama in the first round of the CFP though and then depending on who they play in the Championship, I'll decide from there. If it's Oregon or Ohio State, FSU will get demolished. Oregon and Ohio State are two best in the country IMO

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Even if FSU wins it all, they will still consider them as somehow different than the rest of us. The narrative is already set.
And I was thinking about the symmetry of us being the first win in their streak and then hoping to end it...I keep getting the feeling that we would end up as the first and last wins in the streak. And I've been thinking this pretty much all week.

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Specifically, im rooting for free seafood university to win the natty by 3 or more points.

Also, feels good to get some respect. I believe CPJ and the flexbone represent a sea change in football analogous to the change in warfare at the end of the bronze age. To that point, war was mostly duels between superstar talent warriors while everyone else watched. Then, with the introduction of sturdier weapons, a group of somewhat talented but highly disciplined soldiers started making battlefield duels irrelevant.

I honestly believe my grandchildren will be asking me to tell them about watching as football was forever changed into a highly team centered sport.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
While a win last night would have been awesome, we wouldn't have pulled ahead of anyone as OSU, TCU and Baylor all did what they needed to do. In fact, it would have hurt the conference, by eliminating the ACC from the playoff.

We have to determine in weeks to come what is better. If FSU does well in the playoff, does that give GT more respect b/c we played them so close last night, or if GT had won and knocked the 'Noles out, would that have served GT better to get an ACC championship but "hurt" the conference. If FSU does not do well, I'll wish GT had won.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I will root for FSU because they are ACC in name (but not in academic or moral stature, e.g. they run a sleazy program). And because I want the SEC not to win.

If FSU plays as well in their next two games as they did last night, they should win the NC again. First Oregon which will be the bigger challenge and then Alabama or Ohio State.