Do Moses and/or Jose get their jerseys retired?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Well, we know there is only 1 football number retired. #19.

In basketball, Harpring, Tommy, Price, Salley, Yunkus, and Kaiser are it.

Pretty sure Oliver, Scott, and Anderson didn't graduate. Not sure about Brian, but I don't think he finished before he left. Harder to get through in 4 years back then. Not sure he was even enrolled Spring Quarter of his senior season. I don't think Dennis went back anywhere, and Kenny graduated from some smaller school after his NBA work was done. Have to have the degree to coach.

Last edited:

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
So they have to be named to first team All American, win the natty, and be the final four MVP? Oh yeah, no problem. Maybe they will be co-MVPs of the final four so they are both eligible.
Or earned a national player of the year award or earned a national award like the Naismith recognized by the NCAA.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Well, we know there is only 1 football number retired. #19.

In basketball, Harpring, Tommy, Price, Salley, Yunkus, and Kaiser are it.

Pretty sure Oliver, Scott, and Anderson didn't graduate. Not sure about Brian, but I don't think he finished before he left. Harder to get through in 4 years back then. Not sure he was even enrolled Spring Quarter of his senior season. I don't think Dennis went back anywhere, and Kenny graduated from some smaller school after his NBA work was done. Have to have the degree to coach.
You don't have to finish before you leave. Salley came back to Tech to earn his degree so he could have his jersey hung.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
You don't have to finish before you leave. Salley came back to Tech to earn his degree so he could have his jersey hung.
Absolutely agree. Didn't mean to imply that. I was at school at that time and I don't ever remember hearing about Brian or Dennis coming back to finish. Kenny definitely didn't. I remember hearing about a lot of other student-athletes coming back, but not them. Dennis left after his Jr. year and Kenny after his So. year. Brian was a senior and probably close to finishing. Maybe he did come back, I just never heard about it.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Absolutely agree. Didn't mean to imply that. I was at school at that time and I don't ever remember hearing about Brian or Dennis coming back to finish. Kenny definitely didn't. I remember hearing about a lot of other student-athletes coming back, but not them. Dennis left after his Jr. year and Kenny after his So. year. Brian was a senior and probably close to finishing. Maybe he did come back, I just never heard about it.
Found this article that said he has a degree in Building Construction.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
Kele Everland is the only Volleyball player to have her number retired for Tech.

Tbh I'd love to see PH3 get his number retired for being a legend of the flats and also breaking barriers with his work. He smashes all the requirements

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
So they have to be named to first team All American, win the natty, and be the final four MVP? Oh yeah, no problem. Maybe they will be co-MVPs of the final four so they are both eligible.
You’re reading that wrong. There are only 2 items linked, national championship team and MVP of the national championship event.