DJ White - Sportscenter #5

Techster

Helluva Engineer
That play is a good example of why coaches always say never give up on a play. You never know. That was a 14 point swing play by DJ.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Damn that was beautiful...reminds me of Wooford game (or GSU? Think it was wofford) he ran a looong way in a hurry to try to catch wofford guy on a long TD run and almost got him. I praised his hustle and speed that day. Both paid off for him today. Why does he ever play off with that kind of speed?ngreat game changing play

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Damn that was beautiful...reminds me of Wooford game (or GSU? Think it was wofford) he ran a looong way in a hurry to try to catch wofford guy on a long TD run and almost got him. I praised his hustle and speed that day. Both paid off for him today. Why does he ever play off with that kind of speed?ngreat game changing play
I remember that too. He's got some insane wheels.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
That was absolutely ridiculous hustle by DJ! Connor had a good 5-6 yard lead and that was while DJ needed to change direction.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
It was a great display of leadership as well. That's your number 1 guy in the secondary. I would say out of all the guys on defense, he's one of 3 guys along with Gotsis and Nealy that are 100% assured of their starting job and he's running down a play like that. Usually you see hustle plays like that from young guys just trying to gain more playing time. Shows a lot about his on field character.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
DJ must have had Wheaties for breakfast. That was one of many plays where I just stood in front of the tv with my mouth open. So very proud of the guys.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I hate to be a Debbie Downer (just call me Atomic) but that great play by White masked the horrid play by IJ. Go back and watch it again and look for #1, you'll want puke. If DJ hadn't saved his arse, we'd all be lambasting that kid, especially if we had lost.

edit: Sorry guys, make that both our safeties, Jamaal gets no pass for being out of position either.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I hate to be a Debbie Downer (just call me Atomic) but that great play by White masked the horrid play by IJ. Go back and watch it again and look for #1, you'll want puke. If DJ hadn't saved his arse, we'd all be lambasting that kid, especially if we had lost.

edit: Sorry guys, make that both our safeties, Jamaal gets no pass for being out of position either.

Cheese, IJ was playing his assignment over the top and took a bad tackling angle trying to recover...yeah that was a bad angle but I don't want to puke at IJ it was Golden that was horrid. But Golden had that gap run fit. The real issue was we had a 8 man front and one to tackle one and totally were out of the play. Golden wasn't filling his gap at all. was going wide for some reason. IJ was at least playing his spot and role correctly.

I know you edited it, but really, way to hard on IJ for that play. The issue was that whole right side of the defense couldn't get off hats, and the run fit Golden owned he bailed on. Almost like he didn't want to get trucked.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Cheese, IJ was playing his assignment over the top and took a bad tackling angle trying to recover...yeah that was a bad angle but I don't want to puke at IJ it was Golden that was horrid. But Golden had that gap run fit. The real issue was we had a 8 man front and one to tackle one and totally were out of the play. Golden wasn't filling his gap at all. was going wide for some reason. IJ was at least playing his spot and role correctly.

I know you edited it, but really, way to hard on IJ for that play. The issue was that whole right side of the defense couldn't get off hats, and the run fit Golden owned he bailed on. Almost like he didn't want to get trucked.
Thanks, I stand corrected. I still think both our safeties are not very good and that's being nice. I think the DL gets way too much blame and our safeties are revered by gtswarm for some inexplicable reason.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

I really miss that line of stud safeties we were producing there for a while.

Milwaukee

Banned

Isaiah knows he misplayed that. He personally thanked DJ via Twitter for saving his *** on that play. It's good to know he realizes he needs to make that play.

Milwaukee

Banned
That play was a disaster all around. We had a slant called on the Dline that literally took 3 DL out of position. Kallon and Gamble slanted and left a gaping hole that nobody filled, unfortunately.