Discipline and Suspensions in GA High Schools

UpperNorth

Jolly Good Fellow
Was at McEachern, transferred to Creekside midway through his jr season, and back to McEachern sr year? Not sure I knew you could transfer midseason, anybody know details? And I guess that makes him pretty familiar with Franks/Meiguez. Would be an incredible pickup if there’s space.

Here’s his jr yr film at Creekside.

Attachments

• 0C50C83A-F782-4CD4-B124-E7F385DCE265.jpeg
    0C50C83A-F782-4CD4-B124-E7F385DCE265.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

MAT 2005

Georgia Tech Fan
Was at McEachern, transferred to Creekside midway through his jr season, and back to McEachern sr year? Not sure I knew you could transfer midseason, anybody know details? And I guess that makes him pretty familiar with Franks/Meiguez. Would be an incredible pickup if there’s space.

Here’s his jr yr film at Creekside.

He got kicked out of McEachern(sp). And this is coming from a very reliable source but he won’t tell me what exactly he did.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
He got kicked out of McEachern and then let back in? Yea your source doesn't sound very reliable.
An expulsion usually only lasts to the end of a school year, so not unlikely at all. He finished a school year at Creekside and then went back when his expulsion was served is my guess.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
He got kicked out of McEachern and then let back in? Yea your source doesn't sound very reliable.

I take it you don't have much experience with highschools then. As a teacher, I've seen numerous cases of 180-day suspension get overturned and the kid returns the same year, much less the following. Some for things that the length didn't make sense for, but others for which I thought legit expulsion would have been appropriate.

thebull35

Jolly Good Fellow
I take it you don't have much experience with highschools then. As a teacher, I've seen numerous cases of 180-day suspension get overturned and the kid returns the same year, much less the following. Some for things that the length didn't make sense for, but others for which I thought legit expulsion would have been appropriate.

Yeah, took nearly the exact words from me.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Fair enough. Of the 5 or 6 friends I had that were kicked out of various Georgia high schools when I was that age, none of them were let back into the original high school.

thebull35

Jolly Good Fellow
Fair enough. Of the 5 or 6 friends I had that were kicked out of various Georgia high schools when I was that age, none of them were let back into the original high school.

Disciplinary action in public schools are WAAAAAAY different than they were even 5/10 years ago. It's one of the reasons I got out of education.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, the last few years stopping drop outs has become a big school issue. If schools have too many absentees or too high of a dropout rate, they get dinged. I believe funds can be held up based on it. At the very least, it hurts the state reviews of the school. My daughter's high school now lets kids skip 2 final exams if they didn't miss more than 3 days in the semester. It's nonsense, but the schools don't want to run kids off, even if they're disruptive maniacs uninterested in education.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Yeah, the last few years stopping drop outs has become a big school issue. If schools have too many absentees or too high of a dropout rate, they get dinged. I believe funds can be held up based on it. At the very least, it hurts the state reviews of the school. My daughter's high school now lets kids skip 2 final exams if they didn't miss more than 3 days in the semester. It's nonsense, but the schools don't want to run kids off, even if they're disruptive maniacs uninterested in education.
Watch out the GTSwarm internet police are going to start whining about inappropriate posting!

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
Watch out the GTSwarm internet police are going to start whining about inappropriate posting!
No we won't... We'll just quietly hit the report button so you guys can continue your convo in a relevant thread. I understand this is a public message board and you'd like to respond directly to who you have a message for but that's what the direct message function is for. Several of topic responses back and forth isn't bad but you've been a member long enough to know it gets a little irritating seeing 2 and 3 plus pages of just irrelevant arguing.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Might I suggest if you gentlemen don’t like the GT Swarm, you join another site?
The complaining, nasty language, insulting our own brothers-make it unpleasant for some of the rest of us.