Did UCF pay GT for the cancelled FB game in 2017 or was it rescheduled?

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Arkansas State suing Miami

Did UCF pay Tech for the cancelled game this past season? Seeing the linked article about Arkansas State suing Miami because the U doesn't want to pay or reschedule before 2024 made me wonder. Does anyone know? Ken, I know you are reading this. Will we get an article this week about it?

crut

Helluva Engineer
Arkansas State suing Miami

Did UCF pay Tech for the cancelled game this past season? Seeing the linked article about Arkansas State suing Miami because the U doesn't want to pay or reschedule before 2024 made me wonder. Does anyone know? Ken, I know you are reading this. Will we get an article this week about it?
That game was supposed to be at Arkansas St... Different scenario.

GTFLETCH

Banned
No real sources, just convo when the games was Canx.... AD and their AD agreed that they would come to us in 2020 and we would travel to them in 2021... Not sure if that is finalized or just rumor

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
No real sources, just convo when the games was Canx.... AD and their AD agreed that they would come to us in 2020 and we would travel to them in 2021... Not sure if that is finalized or just rumor
Thought the convo was just swapping the locations of the set games and they rejected. Never heard about putting one in a new year

Deleted member 2897

UCF should be flush with cash from new endorsement and ad revenue after winning the National Championship Of Those Outside The College Football Playoff.

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
That was during the tenure of David "He Doesn't Have a" Braine. So my initial hunch would be that he never pursued it. Just like his statement: "GT will never get past 7 win seasons."

Good riddance!
Wait a second. We've had two games cancelled in 25 years because of weather and both were with schools that our AD at the time was an AD previously? Coincidence?

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
I'd like GT to cancel the future game with UCF because they wouldn't reschedule last years game It would also be nice to get a bit of the lost revenue back. What's so difficult to figure out?:rolleyes:
We didn't loose revenue from the cancellation @UCF but we would loose revenue if we let them out of the 2020 game.

GTFLETCH

Banned
As for the marquee series that was to headline UCF’s home schedule? Well, don’t count out UCF yet as a future host of Georgia Tech. Cancelling this year’s game has not put the kibosh on the home-and-home series. It helps to have a friendly face among the Yellow Jacket’s ranks.

“We’re working, talking with Todd Stansbury, the Athletic Director who used to be here – now he’s there – I talked to him this morning and we both want to keep the series, we’re going to work on finding a date that they can come back down here. We intent to go up there in 2020 as scheduled right now,” said White.

Link
http://knightnews.com/2017/09/ucf-w...-university-of-maine-to-receive-35000-buyout/

GTFLETCH

Banned
I think all we need as an FCS game scheduled in 2020 and UCF added as a road game in 2021 and our schedules are set until the 2022 season.... WOW that would be great!!