Did CPJ grab a coach on the sideline ala Tuberville?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt E

GT Athlete
I saw what you were talking about. I think I read his lips saying "8 man hold" before a punt return so I'm assuming that was the special teams coordinator. Perhaps he called a block and CPJ vetoed him?

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
yeah He grabbed Him, it was on Fox Sports South. Not the best moment for coach and something that should be addressed. You don't put your hands on a player or a coach.

It could really get him into trouble.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
he looked angry. He was angry. He was mad that whole first half. I have no problem with Paul showing this spit and fire its why we all liked him to begin with.

and I thought he was telling him to get back. It had nothing to do with a hold IMO. Because after the other coach "got back" he looked down at the field IIRC to confirm he was standing behind the lines for coaches/players. At least this was my first take on it live....

Animal02

Banned
yeah He grabbed Him, it was on Fox Sports South. Not the best moment for coach and something that should be addressed. You don't put your hands on a player or a coach.

It could really get him into trouble.

In my playing days......it was common for a coach to grab you by the face mask and get in your face after a major screw up.......or a clipboard thump on the helmet for a minor one......no one got hurt (except maybe an ego) and you did what it took to avoid it happening again.

herb

Helluva Engineer
In my playing days......it was common for a coach to grab you by the face mask and get in your face after a major screw up.......or a clipboard thump on the helmet for a minor one......no one got hurt (except maybe an ego) and you did what it took to avoid it happening again.

This. Football ain't for everybody. If a little emotion or "gasp" contact between coaches is too much for you, there is always soccer.

Spandex

Georgia Tech Fan
Maybe CPJ was saying, "Go put on a helmet so I can grab you by the face mask."

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
This. Football ain't for everybody. If a little emotion or "gasp" contact between coaches is too much for you, there is always soccer.

I'm sure that mothers of recruits really enjoyed seeing one more visual of our angry head coach grabbing someone on the sidelines.

Actually, it's opposing recruiters who enjoyed adding it to their collection.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Kinda tough to say what really happened without actually hearing the conversation between the two guys. I don't think CPJ would disrespect another coach by putting his hands on them in a derogatory manner...probably what some were saying about just being demonstrative about a hold.

In this day in age with cameras everywhere and instapundits you have to be wary though about everything you do.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Not sure about this incident but I'm a fan of professionalism and decorum on & off the field. CPJ doesn't always show either & while many are fans of that kind of behavior I'm not.

nodawgs

Jolly Good Fellow
Hard to tell what context it was in, but it sure didn't look good. Not an Al Groh fan, but I do have to wonder this is what he meant about it being a toxic environment? Who knows.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
It gives the appearance of discord and chaos among the staff. I don't have an issue with Johnson doing this to a player but he shouldn't publicly humiliate a coach.
Do you have solid facts as to what happened? If not then please don't make a statement like that. All you are doing is adding "discord and chaos" to this blog. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.