Did Andy Mac get an interview

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Yomanser, thank you very much for all the posted information in the separate thread. Appreciate you keeping us updated, especially in the coming days with signing day, January recruiting and assistant coach hirings. Interested in your post February/Springtime analysis on where the movement of some of our athletes are going to wind up. Do you believe we will beef up the lines of scrimmage and refrain from the smaller running backs in the future?

I’ll be working so many Super Bowl events coming up, that without you, I’d be lost. I’m fairly certain I speak for the majority of Swarmers, when I wish you a wonderful Holiday Season! Please be safe and again...much appreciation for all that you do!!!

GTFLETCH

Banned
Not only did he not get an interview after reaching out, he might not be back. It will be interesting to see how things shake out! I would love to see Coach Mac as DC if CNW leaves, but who knows what Coach Collins and AD TStan have in planned.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
I imagine if he feels that he was "passed over again" then he may be gone. I hate to think that but he may have the "always a bridesmaid never a bride" syndrome at GT and look for a higher paying position or somewhere with a bigger title.
On one hand TS did the right thing not to interview if he no intentions of Mac having a shot then to interview him and "dangle a carrot" that he had no chance of consuming.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
He has gone silent as would be expected.

I hope he is in charge of recruiting. Year 1 goal dominate Atl and expanded geographically to 2 major metropolitan areas.

Unlike other long term gt coahes he will get quickly get a good job.

Geoff and Andy would be the EXTRA we need to get caught up on the recruiting curve.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Not only did he not get an interview after reaching out, he might not be back. It will be interesting to see how things shake out! I would love to see Coach Mac as DC if CNW leaves, but who knows what Coach Collins and AD TStan have in planned.
If it’s true he reached out and didn’t even get a courtesy interview, then I would not be surprised if he left. If your employer isn’t fighting for you to climb the ladder find another.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I imagine if he feels that he was "passed over again" then he may be gone. I hate to think that but he may have the "always a bridesmaid never a bride" syndrome at GT and look for a higher paying position or somewhere with a bigger title.
On one hand TS did the right thing not to interview if he no intentions of Mac having a shot then to interview him and "dangle a carrot" that he had no chance of consuming.
One reason Andy did not purse the DC job is he loves recruiting.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Then maybe that's where he is most gifted/needed and Collins make create a package of job responsibilities and compensation which appeals to Andy enough to where he stays at GT!

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
So - I get that everyone thinks Andy Mac is super great and everything, but. Isn't he the LBers coach?

And . . . haven't our LBers more or less, well, sucked?

Asking for a friend.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
So - I get that everyone thinks Andy Mac is super great and everything, but. Isn't he the LBers coach?

Asking for a friend.
That's true but I am seeing Andy as more of a full time recruiter.
He coached lb 4 years ago, db, safety and lb this year. This year the MLB were not good but in other years his position group played well
While the the woody defense fit our dl people well it did not fit our lb talent. The other guys at outside lb were too young to call the defenses. BJS was not ready ethier . Andy had one person that fit the description of MLB and play caller. It is what it is.

I listened to the video of GC - we are going to be aggressive and blitz w tight corner coverage. ( I hope the new d will be made around b j swilling as he has the it factor) . I think GC will bring his own DC- perhaps Andy can fit in as a position coach .

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
I listened to the video of GC - we are going to be aggressive and blitz w tight corner coverage.

Lol if only! I've been wishing for an aggressive defense for so long Idk what that even looks like any more. At this point, I'll believe it when I see it. I'm not sure why I see so many DCs play so conservatively, but it is what it is.

Maybe someone can mention to Collins that when we blitz it works better if your players don't just run straight into a blocker.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer

Asking for a friend.
I want Andy to stay because he is a great recruiter. Blaming Andy for poor LB play might be a stretch though, when that position was possibly the least athletic of all position groups on our team. On both sides of the ball.

GTFLETCH

Banned

Asking for a friend.
He was LB coach for 1 year... He was secondary coach year prior

Yomanser

Recruiting Insider
Retired Staff
Yomanser, thank you very much for all the posted information in the separate thread. Appreciate you keeping us updated, especially in the coming days with signing day, January recruiting and assistant coach hirings. Interested in your post February/Springtime analysis on where the movement of some of our athletes are going to wind up. Do you believe we will beef up the lines of scrimmage and refrain from the smaller running backs in the future?

I’ll be working so many Super Bowl events coming up, that without you, I’d be lost. I’m fairly certain I speak for the majority of Swarmers, when I wish you a wonderful Holiday Season! Please be safe and again...much appreciation for all that you do!!!
Thank you for your kind words - they're much appreciated. Regarding signing day, I should start to get back in the loop with recruiting relatively soon, and when I get caught up I will bring with me a full analysis. With regards to other questions, it's currently a "wait and see" process while the staff is getting finalized, especially on the offensive side of the ball. I will do my best to keep on top of everything and to keep everyone updated

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Lol if only! I've been wishing for an aggressive defense for so long Idk what that even looks like any more. At this point, I'll believe it when I see it. I'm not sure why I see so many DCs play so conservatively, but it is what it is.

Maybe someone can mention to Collins that when we blitz it works better if your players don't just run straight into a blocker.
Had to ping this even if off subject.
Me too on the ramming blitz method.

I hope before I leave this earth, I find out why not one but 2 of our blitzer's often run into the same 2 guys blocking our 2 dl
Literally the 2 ol block 4 of our players . It looks silly.
Please coach the dl to slant and do legal holding while our blitzer gets a lane.
And please have the blitzer fade the qb back into the slanting d line men. We run by the hole and let the qb run by un touched!
I need a drink!

Like u said
I will believe it when I see it

I will change my tag line from 2018I ITS TIME

upwgdrb

Jolly Good Fellow
He was LB coach for 1 year... He was secondary coach year prior

I don’t think he got to pick who started and got playing time either year unfortunately. I can tell you all the players that Andy coached love him. He is very good for our program and I hop CGC keeps him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk