Diaz to Temple as head coach.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
This would kinda suck. If Diaz takes the Temple job he’ll ditch all the coaches there... Then Geoff Collins will feel obligated to hire more of his Temple guys here at Tech. Right now Collins has full flexibility to assemble a staff including his Temple favorites, a few GT assistants like Andy McCollum, and even coaches from his previous stints around the SEC.

Yomanser

Recruiting Insider
Retired Staff
Since 2008 Mark Richt has gotten complacent and he's perfectly happy with a winning season and a Bowl Game
I've met and spoken with Coach Richt personally, and I can guarantee you that this is not the case. He is ultra-competitive. You cannot be a successful coach at this level in this sport without that attitude

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I've met and spoken with Coach Richt personally, and I can guarantee you that this is not the case. He is ultra-competitive. You cannot be a successful coach at this level in this sport without that attitude

This reminds me of my own Richt encounter. Right after he was hired, I saw him walking through Publix in Watkinsville (near Athens ... hey I was dating a chick that lived out there but that's a whole other NSFW, crazy-chick story for another day, stop interrupting) ...

... our eyes met as he approached. We were in the frozen foods aisle so there was nowhere to hide. Nowhere to hide.

He knew I knew who he was even though he was trying to be inconspicuous. I gave him some sideeye so he knew, deep down, this was not some awestruck dawg fan. Oh no, sir. This was a Tech fan glaring at him. Behind enemy lines.

He knew, any wrong move, and he might end up folded into one-a them freezer doors. I knew, any wrong move, and I might not make it out of Clarke county. Decisions.

So we did the only civil thing we could. We gave the 'next time, muthafkuh' nod as we c-walked out opposite ends o' the aisle.

We both knew we had an enemy from that day forward ....

mddg.gif

About 83% of that story is true.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
This reminds me of my own Richt encounter. Right after he was hired, I saw him walking through Publix in Watkinsville (near Athens ... hey I was dating a chick that lived out there but that's a whole other NSFW, crazy-chick story for another day, stop interrupting) ...

... our eyes met as he approached. We were in the frozen foods aisle so there was nowhere to hide. Nowhere to hide.

He knew I knew who he was even though he was trying to be inconspicuous. I gave him some sideeye so he knew, deep down, this was not some awestruck dawg fan. Oh no, sir. This was a Tech fan glaring at him. Behind enemy lines.

He knew, any wrong move, and he might end up folded into one-a them freezer doors. I knew, any wrong move, and I might not make it out of Clarke county. Decisions.

So we did the only civil thing we could. We gave the 'next time, muthafkuh' nod as we c-walked out opposite ends o' the aisle.

We both knew we had an enemy from that day forward ....

mddg.gif

About 83% of that story is true.

All except the part about dating a chick, I’ll wager.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk