Devoe to the draft

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I guess Seniors with a COViD year still have to declare.

Pretty sure the NCAA is just viewing everyone through the lens of 5 to play 4 but 20-21 season doesn't exist. For the NCAA I don't think there is really any difference between a covid senior going forward and a traditional junior until that year cycles out.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I may be wrong, but he didn't really improve noticeably this year. He scored more without Jose and Moses taking shots, but I think he is too passive. That said, I wish him well as a pro.
He was asked to play out of position and do more penetration into the paint. Just wasn't his strength and not as quick as one would like at the point but he wasn't that bad either. He is really more of a setup shooter but he improved his ball handling. He gave us some good years. Hope he is successful if pro ball is what he wants.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
He was asked to play out of position and do more penetration into the paint. Just wasn't his strength and not as quick as one would like at the point but he wasn't that bad either. He is really more of a setup shooter but he improved his ball handling. He gave us some good years. Hope he is successful if pro ball is what he wants.
I mostly agree with you.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I mean, I figured this was a given. Not surprising in the least.

Good luck to Devoe. I wish it ended better for him and Usher...both those guys could have skipped after last season, but they chose to come back to help the program.

Now time to join Alvarado and Usher in the NBA!

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
In terms of draft position, increasing age hurts most guys far more than improved skills or stats help them. NBA teams would much rather draft an 18 year old who played ok but has load of potentials and the infamous "measurables" and then coach them up in the G League than draft a 22 year old who had a really nice progression through four years in college.