Status
Not open for further replies.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
giphy (1).gif

sva8vanhugrzvgyi7tiz.jpeg

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Just an FYI...Cochran still needed to finish up his degree at Vanderbilt before enrolling. He did not graduate yet when he announced he was transferring. Whether that played a role or not we'll find out soon.

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Huge huge huge loss for our OL. He was going to be one of our only bright spots, our depth (or lack there of) will be tested.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
As everyone has said, this is a big loss. However, I'm an extremely optimistic person, so I'm going to look at the brightside. In this case, a freshman will get significant minutes which will only help us in the future. I mean, we have no idea how many games will be played, so even just the practice reps will be important for the development of a freshman. If Cochran had enrolled, we would be looking at Quinney as the only returning starter on the line in 2021 and Minihan would be the only other player with significant snaps under his belt.

BuzzDraft

Jolly Good Fellow
Big loss for sure, but to put it in perspective it is a one year player. I don't have any inside information, but if I were him I'd probably prepare for the draft rather than sign up for an uncertain season.
Big loss, and if it were happening in any other season than Bizarro 2020 I would be concerned about it. But 2020 will be a season forever "asterisk'ed" and stored in a shoebox in a closet. If we're going to lose a star player, it's better it happens this season where he might only have played 3 or 4 games, and not lose him for 12-15 games (allowing for playoff championship!) any other year.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Short write up in the AJC

" Cochran has been finishing up his degree at Vanderbilt this summer. It isn’t unusual for an athlete planning to leave his original school as a grad transfer to finish coursework in the summer and transfer at that point. "

Status
Not open for further replies.