Details on Collins’s contract ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animal02

Banned
My opinion is , no, it is not a good contract for Tech. 7 years and if he is canned early, he is owed the entire contract. He is also getting paid immediately with 2 years of HC experience, almost what a coach that had decades of experience.
No performance clauses? So if he craps the bed for 3 years......we are obligated to pay him every thing. Right now, I don't have to much regard for TStan..... especially since Tech has just got out from under multiple contracts long after they are gone.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
My opinion is , no, it is not a good contract for Tech. 7 years and if he is canned early, he is owed the entire contract. He is also getting paid immediately with 2 years of HC experience, almost what a coach that had decades of experience.
No performance clauses? So if he craps the bed for 3 years......we are obligated to pay him every thing. Right now, I don't have to much regard for TStan..... especially since Tech has just got out from under multiple contracts long after they are gone.

On the other hand if he jumps ship he owes Tech the same in a buyout I believe. Kind of a wash.

Animal02

Banned
On the other hand if he jumps ship he owes Tech the same in a buyout I believe. Kind of a wash.
Nope.....because right now.....he is not a proven entity. Tech gets paid if he increases his value.....Tech pays if he turns out all hat and no horse.
If this was truly his dream job, it sure appears that TStan did not negotiate from a position of strength.
Remember....Tech is now paying not only his salary, but an OC as well... something CPJ did both for essentially the same $$$$......with decades more experience.

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow
Nope.....because right now.....he is not a proven entity. Tech gets paid if he increases his value.....Tech pays if he turns out all hat and no horse.
If this was truly his dream job, it sure appears that TStan did not negotiate from a position of strength.
Remember....Tech is now paying not only his salary, but an OC as well... something CPJ did both for essentially the same $$$$......with decades more experience.

The market is the market. Diaz got the same money at Miami and he has even less experience. It's not like TStan fired CPJ and then made a worse deal. CPJ left and we were forced to pay current market for a new coach. You should direct your frustrations elsewhere.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck

to the complete detriment of our Defense and ST. It's good to get away from that HC-as-OC approach. Hopefully we won't be running in plays from the sidelines every single time too. That was a terrible way to run a 2-minute offense.

Animal02

Banned
The market is the market. Diaz got the same money at Miami and he has even less experience. It's not like TStan fired CPJ and then made a worse deal. CPJ left and we were forced to pay current market for a new coach. You should direct your frustrations elsewhere.
There is a premium for having to work with Miami thug life. ;)
Frustration? :rolleyes:
This is simply MY opinion....I am not expecting you or anyone else to change theirs because of mine.
I think the money could have been back loaded in a 7 year contract to allow him to prove himself.....and bonuses for early year goals being met.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Did Coach act with high ethics leavng one yearc after getting a 3 year deal..

How much notice did Coach give Tstan?
If he had told tstan after the Duke game this could have been a better contract.

Do you want quality, cost or schedule? As an Arch I am sure u have told your clients the same. " PICK 2 and quality has to be one. " I think we have a quality guy.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Lol of course you would say this.

herb

Helluva Engineer
to the complete detriment of our Defense and ST. It's good to get away from that HC-as-OC approach. Hopefully we won't be running in plays from the sidelines every single time too. That was a terrible way to run a 2-minute offense.

Good points. I do hope that will indeed be a benefit and I agree the tempo in 2 minute left much to be desired.

Did Coach act with high ethics leavng one yearc after getting a 3 year deal..

How much notice did Coach give Tstan?
If he had told tstan after the Duke game this could have been a better contract.

Do you want quality, cost or schedule? As an Arch I am sure u have told your clients the same. " PICK 2 and quality has to be one. " I think we have a quality guy.

IMO, the highest. He could have run out the deal and collected his money but chose to walk away from, what 7 million dollars?

There was definitely notice given earlier than we know. How much earlier we may never know, but you don’t get the kind of speculation that was on tv during the game in the cesspool without someone knowing something.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer

I dont think you understand the market. CPJ was coaching on a school friendly deal because he negotiated his extension off a 5-6 season and everyone knew no one was going to try and hire him away.

If we went with a more experienced head coach, we would be paying 4 mil. plus.

Everybody gets guaranteed money. No coach is going to take a "show me" contract, dream job or not. Would you take less than the market says you are worth? He was making 2 mil. guaranteed at Temple.

You're just being unrealistic, no offense.

Last edited:

Animal02

Banned
I dont think you understand the market. CPJ was coaching on a school friendly deal because he negotiated his extension off a 5-6 season and everyone knew no one was going to try and hire him away.

If we went with a more experienced head coach, we would be paying 4 mil. plus.

Everybody gets guaranteed money. No coach is going to take a "show me" contract, dream job or not. Would you take less than the market says you are worth? He was making 2 mil. guaranteed at Temple.

You're just being unrealistic, no offense.
I understand the market well and ecomonics.....TStan was in the position of strength and gave it away. He got a 50% pay raise after two years of doing not much....now getting as much as the previous person and doing half the work. No offense, but IMO, from Tech's prospective......give past history.....it is not a good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.