Despite all the squawk you've heard from Temple fans on here-

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Of course, for the Collins critics on here (and let's be honest, it's mostly pro-option folks who wanted Monken), these articles would have been easy enough for them to find. I noticed though that some of them jumped all over the anecdotes of a couple of Temple fans who jumped on ST to paint CGC negatively.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Rhule left after back-to-back 10 win seasons and reeling in the #2 recruiting class in the AAC in 2016. Yea, he really left Temple in a bind.
So, Rhule had 17 starters returning prior to going from 6-6 to 10-2, but you think Collins, who had 9 starters returning, should have been able to go from 10 wins to equal or better? There are 22 starters btw. Collins was replacing a 4 year starter at QB from the article I linked, in 2017.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah, and what could CGC have done in his 3rd year?

Maybe he would have won 10. The point of the Temple fans was that Collins inherited a back to back 10 win team and went 6-6. I personally don't care that much. Not sure that 6-6 is bad or good at Temple - it could have been worse. Only thing that matters is what he does here.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
According to Rivals, UCF has had the higher rated recruiting class compared to Temple from 2015-2018. Temple finished second to them in that division with CGC this year.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Maybe he would have won 10. The point of the Temple fans was that Collins inherited a back to back 10 win team and went 6-6. I personally don't care that much. Not sure that 6-6 is bad or good at Temple - it could have been worse. Only thing that matters is what he does here.

You don't inherit wins. You inherit players. If you win 10 games and lose 16 starters you're probably going to go backwards.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
It's a bit more than that. The couple of negative Temple posters on here or people who were quoting negative Temple friends claimed the team should have been better and inherited a bunch of talent from Rhule. Those perceptions were completely subjective. Losing a 4 year starter at QB and having 9 returning starters out of 22 is an objective measure. Make of it what you will. It generally contradicts the anecdotes of a couple of Temple fans saying Rhule was a better coach than Collins. That's my point.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
So, Rhule had 17 starters returning prior to going from 6-6 to 10-2, but you think Collins, who had 9 starters returning, should have been able to go from 10 wins to equal or better? There are 22 starters btw. Collins was replacing a 4 year starter at QB from the article I linked, in 2017.
No, I’m refuting your statement that Rhule left at an “opportune” time. Collins inherited players from those 10 win teams and one of the conference’s best recruiting classes and promptly went 7-6, 1-5 against teams with winning records iirc.

I find it interesting that our head coach has two years of experience as a head coach, and you’ve created a thread to provide excuses for why one of those two years wasn’t good.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
You don't inherit wins. You inherit players. If you win 10 games and lose 16 starters you're probably going to go backwards.
Unless you have the next ones ready to go. The point is that Rhule left the program in good shape. Like I said I don't care, it's not like Collins did a bad job. It wasn't great, but it certainly wasn't bad.

Also the Temple fans felt he should have had more than 6, not that he should have won 10 again.