Depth Chart

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Is this current? It's dated 10/12 i.e., Saturday, but it appears to be the 'Cuse game depth chart.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...pdf/2013-14/depth_chart_event/depth_chart.pdf

Observations -
- Travin Henry's name has hit the depth chart at WR, albeit as the #5 WR
- Ray Beno starting. Chamberlain starting over Bailey despite the plethora of penalties the last two weeks.
- Pat Gamble passed Chris Crenshaw as the #2 behind Dieke
- Jemea listed as #1 FS and also as a CB backup. What does this mean when we go nickel or dime?
- Long snappers - competition appropriately heating up? Have both been guilty of bad snaps the last two weeks?

As an aside, what's been our longest punt return since Golden went out? It feels like we've fielded far fewer and have a max of 20 return yards.

gtyj18jr

Jolly Good Fellow
I surprised by the fact that Jemea is starting at FS. I thought Roof would have learned his lesson from the quick scores and passing success that BYU had last week that that was a bad idea( Lenard Larramore should be here shortly to ***** about that). The other one is Harrell OR JHD at Mike. JHD was down during the first half, but seemed to get it together the in the second half of the BYU game.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
I surprised by the fact that Jemea is starting at FS. I thought Roof would have learned his lesson from the quick scores and passing success that BYU had last week that that was a bad idea( Lenard Larramore should be here shortly to ***** about that). The other one is Harrell OR JHD at Mike. JHD was down during the first half, but seemed to get it together the in the second half of the BYU game.
I don't think Jemea can be blamed for BYU's success in the passing game last week. Instead, how about Lou Young and his two pass interference calls and total inability to cover WRs at all

gtyj18jr

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't think Jemea can be blamed for BYU's success in the passing game last week. Instead, how about Lou Young and his two pass interference calls and total inability to cover WRs at all

I wasn't very clear. I meant that as having Jemea at FS instead of CB was a bad idea and I thought Roof learned his lesson last week.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

By putting pod at safety, lou has to play field corner, and I'm not sure he is ready. So yeah, that was the point.

gtyj18jr

Jolly Good Fellow
ahh gotcha
I'll give it one more week. If it works next week at uva, fine. I think this week may have been more attributed to the Cuse's offense being terribad. I will admit that Lou Young looked great on that near INT. Hell, he actually had a good game this week, finally. Hope he keeps it up.

RamblinJack

Georgia Tech Fan
Noticed at the Syracuse game today that Days (32) middle LB played primarily with the second team defense and #51 (Harrell) played with the first team defense and played quite well.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Nickle vs base, imo
Maybe so. Noticed Jabari at one time on the sideline with his helmet off. Thought maybe he was hurt but then he came in later. I think Herrell just earned some PT this week. In any case the D looked great today. Nealy made a great play on the int. Kitchens made some plays too. Hope Herrell's injury isn't too bad.

ToddM

I wouldn't have thought it but I think Days was being sent a message. The depth chart listed Harrell or Days at that LB spot and Days didn't play until the outcome wasn't in question.

It was mentioned in another thread that Roof was making some changes and I read that Roof stated some players were taking off some plays and needed to learn to go 100% every play. I thought it was a message to Watts but apparently it was to Days. Pretty surprising to me .

Leonard Larramore

Jolly Good Fellow
Lol brother I see you take my input as ******. How about we look at it more as input. Watch the changes Roof is making. One key change was getting Speed out of the booth and standing in himself. Defense flowed a lot better. I can't wait until the UVA game. Good things coming.