Depth Chart

stevo0718

Georgia Tech Fan
I don't think this is fully updated. Bingham is eligible and Gotsis is down at a weight around 270 I saw last.

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
What's with O'Reilly being listed ahead of Finch? Is that just a placeholder until Finch is fully recovered from his off season surgery?

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
What's with O'Reilly being listed ahead of Finch? Is that just a placeholder until Finch is fully recovered from his off season surgery?

I'd be shocked if there was any other reason for it. Finch has been cleared for tomorrow, so that's probably also why he's not listed under injuries.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Guys let's agree to one thing: The Depth Chart released this PM says "Offense (Spread Option)". Please do not call the offense a triple option.
Thanks

And, it looks like it has been musical chairs on uniform numbers.
And, with injuries about what was expected.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Some things that immediately jumped out:
* Jamie Alvarez - 2nd string WR - no Henry, Messick, or Jeune. Maybe because Summers is injured?
* Chris Griffin - true frosh 2nd string OL - is this merit based or due to injuries?
* PJ Davis - true frosh 2nd string LB - consistent with reports but had to see it to believe it
* Harrison Butker - 1st string kicker - not sure if I'm more excited about touchbacks or the expected improvement in FGs
* Safety - wow do we have a lack of experience back there

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
Unfortunate how much injuries have impacted depth on OL. Safety position scares me. A lot.

Anyone know when #1 is back?

Last edited:

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Some things that immediately jumped out:
* Jamie Alvarez - 2nd string WR - no Henry, Messick, or Jeune. Maybe because Summers is injured?
* Chris Griffin - true frosh 2nd string OL - is this merit based or due to injuries?
* PJ Davis - true frosh 2nd string LB - consistent with reports but had to see it to believe it
* Harrison Butker - 1st string kicker - not sure if I'm more excited about touchbacks or the expected improvement in FGs
* Safety - wow do we have a lack of experience back there

Yeah, the WR depth is surprising. I expected Micheal Summers to be our #2, and maybe he would've been without injury, but I expected Travin Henry to beat-out Dennis and Alvarez.

I knew Chris Griffin was a player, but I expected he'd be too small, green to make the depth chart. It will be interesting to see what happens when Beno and Joe come back.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
After looking at that, I am pretty nervous about our DL being pushed around and our S position. Wow really hope Johnson comes back soon. I didn't know he was out...

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I'm not worried about the safeties. Yeah, they're not game worn, but Johnson will probably be back by the time we play Duke and the other guys will step up. Jemea can slide over if need be to help out. D-line won't be any worse than it was last year, probably better.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Yeah, the WR depth is surprising. I expected Micheal Summers to be our #2, and maybe he would've been without injury, but I expected Travin Henry to beat-out Dennis and Alvarez.

I knew Chris Griffin was a player, but I expected he'd be too small, green to make the depth chart. It will be interesting to see what happens when Beno and Joe come back.

Keep in mind that at WR you have two different spots...some schools labe it the 'x,y or z" spots...also Summers is injured which is why he is not listed as a starter.

Right now it is..

Waller. Summers
Smelter, Henry
Dennis