Depth Chart vs Mercer

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Did Nate Cottrell get in the AB rotation against Ireland? Griffin and Cottrell not even on the depth chart...walk-on Austin McClellan makes an appearance.

No Jalen Camp in the WR rotation, but he did play in Ireland. Hope we didn't burn his redshirt for a few plays.

Pretty much everyone but the redshirts will play against Mercer I'm sure. It's one of those "bench clearing" games. This depth chart is more of a motivational ploy for guys like Shamire Devine and Will Bryan.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Where is Shea Underwood punting? Anyway, another sign of our strength on O is that 8 of the 11 starters (or top Or) has been red shirted. Only 4 of our defensive starters have been red shirted - the other 7 were needed right away. Nothing surprising.

Can tell that CPJ is more pissed at the O .... they have four "ors" and the D has none. Plus a triple "or" at AB. Depth on O is a good thing.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Did Nate Cottrell get in the AB rotation against Ireland? Griffin and Cottrell not even on the depth chart...walk-on Austin McClellan makes an appearance.

No Jalen Camp in the WR rotation, but he did play in Ireland. Hope we didn't burn his redshirt for a few plays.

Pretty much everyone but the redshirts will play against Mercer I'm sure. It's one of those "bench clearing" games. This depth chart is more of a motivational ploy for guys like Shamire Devine and Will Bryan.
Only if telling it like it is is a "motivational ploy".

I am a b 2

Georgia Tech Fan
where are the second string coaches at ? who cpj made at? the line did what they could do with that unseen, unpractice defense. why didn't the coach staff identify this d during the game and make the necessary adjustments ? then the contradictory ,you want them to hit somebody .then let them (#71) do that instead of the dive thing .the pass blocking was better because you passed more ,maybe you practice this more . simple football if the run isn't there do something else. i thought the triple option meant you had options . don't half coach then turn and blame and punish the players. *OR* OR* OR* OR go ahead put the youngings in see what the D do to them .sacrifice your qb,unnecessary injuries and every thing else. how freshman going to b better then a seasoned line? you sound panicked, unprofessional and ready to retire its your fault you admitted but you threaten to punish every one but yourself. i'm done (i'm not)but i'll stop.play ball.* Go Jackets*

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
where are the second string coaches at ? who cpj made at? the line did what they could do with that unseen, unpractice defense. why didn't the coach staff identify this d during the game and make the necessary adjustments ? then the contradictory ,you want them to hit somebody .then let them (#71) do that instead of the dive thing .the pass blocking was better because you passed more ,maybe you practice this more . simple football if the run isn't there do something else. i thought the triple option meant you had options . don't half coach then turn and blame and punish the players. *OR* OR* OR* OR go ahead put the youngings in see what the D do to them .sacrifice your qb,unnecessary injuries and every thing else. how freshman going to b better then a seasoned line? you sound panicked, unprofessional and ready to retire its your fault you admitted but you threaten to punish every one but yourself. i'm done (i'm not)but i'll stop.play ball.* Go Jackets*
What?

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
@I am a b 2 is someone close to SD. She's come on here before. While I don't always agree with everything she says, it is apparent that she's close to one of our SAs. Therefore, I don't recommend us getting in any pissing contests. Some of her frustrations may be valid, if only to her, and if there's a possibility at all that she has influence or holds a place in SD's life, let's tread lightly.

FlakJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Actually, this sounds like a very good analysis to me!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

I am a b 2

Georgia Tech Fan
@I am a b 2 is someone close to SD. She's come on here before. While I don't always agree with everything she says, it is apparent that she's close to one of our SAs. Therefore, I don't recommend us getting in any pissing contests. Some of her frustrations may be valid, if only to her, and if there's a possibility at all that she has influence or holds a place in SD's life, let's tread lightly.
its cool ,ill be more composed this year and no i don,t care about grammar(i don't know how to use my auto spell check) .i thought this was a forum that you can have an open conversation about gt football. when real questions come about know one want to talk facts. what is SA ? you don't have to spare my feelings no one else gets a pardon including the o-line

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
SA is for Student Athlete.

I'm curious why there is an "or" next to everyone on the line except Burden (obviously) and Klock? I haven't watched film but to me it looked like Klock made more mistakes than anyone on the line. Is it because we don't have anyone else that can play RT or is it because maybe Klock made the right read and Shamire didn't so to the average viewer it may have looked like it was Klock's fault?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
SD = Shamire?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Kinda speaks to what we were discussing in another thread w.r.t. how we see experimental defenses every week rather than something we can gameplan for in the traditional sense.

Some failings are on the coach (es). However, the SA's have certain responsibilities regardless so, in the coaches' opinions, if they don't grade out well they lose p.t.

None of us know where the pendulum of blame is on this as we're not in the film sessions, so it's all just conjecture.

I really like SD. He's clearly our most physically dominant player (yes, player) overall. IMHO, any threat to his p.t. is merely motivational. As long as he responds, he'll be fine. JMHO

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
In defense of this perspective, I bet our OL didn't see one 3-3-1 alignment in the lead up to BC. I also took her comment about #71 to mean he's told to cut block after he pulls which I've already said is a bad idea.

In defense of CPJ, he's said on multiple occasions it's better to go 100% the wrong way if you hit somebody than 50% if you're not sure and hit nobody.

I'm really hoping we start going 100% in the right direction more often. Our O has always taken time to reach maximum efficiency. It sure enough did in '14. As Shamire said, it's a major problem if it's not corrected after game 3. I'm sure the guys are doing everything they can to get things corrected and as long as they're doing that, I'm more than happy with them. Do your best is all you can expect of anybody.

Let's not forget there's some pretty dang good players on the other side of the ball who are trying their best to stop you. Sometimes they're better than you even when you do everything right. Sometimes you're equally matched and trade winning/losing plays. Sometimes you dominate. I'm gonna have some faith in our boys and take a wait and see approach. No matter what, though, I'm always a fan of my team and our players.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I don't think the coach putting an OR beside your name on the depth chart means anything at all. The line didn't play well last week, but then again I don't think anyone played particularly well last week. Also, I highly doubt that our starting line changes any. I don't think coach liked the way they played and I imagine he wants to light a fire under the starters, but I also don't believe that any real changes will occur. Especially not for SD or FB.