Depth chart notes

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by Eric, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Eric

Eric Retired Co-Founder Staff Member

- Marcordes starting for Watts

- Kallon up to 2nd string now

- Griffin returning kicks

- Stargel backing up Attaochu.

2. dressedcheeseside

dressedcheeseside Helluva Engineer

Is the Kallon promotion due to trying to rest guys or has he earned it straight up?

3. Pj4prez01

Pj4prez01 Ramblin' Wreck

Glad to see kallon doing well.

4. CuseJacket

CuseJacket Administrator Staff Member

5. gtg936g

gtg936g Helluva Engineer

Beano at RT. That is interesting to me. Chamberlain has not been getting it done there in my opinion.

6. AE 87

AE 87 Helluva Engineer

It probably's just the feeling that Braun's been doing better at guard than Chamberlain at tackle combined with Beno being able to move from left to right better than Jackson. But, who knows?

7. jchens_GT

jchens_GT Ramblin' Wreck

Bring on the big man. I hope this means he's been making progress.

8. Blumpkin Souffle

Blumpkin Souffle Bidly Biddington III

9. wingsrlevel

wingsrlevel Ramblin' Wreck

scratching my head at how Waller and Sims are still starting. Waller just doesn't look like he hustles and if Sims was starting only bc of his blocking abilities...that was atrocious against Clemson.

10. John

John Peacekeeper Staff Member

CPJ said earlier in the year after one of Laskey's big games that he's a great runner, he just needed to work on his blocking because he got lost sometimes.

11. Longestday

Longestday Helluva Engineer Featured Member

I really don't see that Sims is better than Laskey at blocking. I do know CPJ has many more years of coaching than I do:)

poodleface likes this.
  12. Boomergump

Boomergump Moderator Staff Member

He wasn't at Clemson. But, to be fair, I think he has been the more consistent of the two.

bat_082994 likes this.
  13. collegeballfan

collegeballfan Helluva Engineer

Kallon has been on the depth chart at #2 for a few weeks. To be honest I have not noticed him in a game. Anyone?

14. wingsrlevel

wingsrlevel Ramblin' Wreck

They both have looked the same most of the time. Laskey's upside is he is quicker and is a threat down field in the passing game. I trust him to hang onto the ball. Sims still scares me with his ball security issues. Maybe he's hurt...who knows or do you think playing time is a reward for Sims sticking around when he didn't have too. 6.1 vs 5.2 YPC is a huge difference. Just think where we would be depth wise if Sims had left. I'm glad he stayed bc Snoddy just never worked out at BB.