Demetrius Knight listed as LB

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
So much about LB is instinct. Dissecting a play while your feet are moving automatically to the right spot so that when you have it figured out you are in position to attack. Speed can compensate somewhat, and guys that can close sideline to sideline like Knight appears to be able to can provide huge sparks to the D. I hope he can quickly develop the instinct, but it's a huge ask for a true freshman.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
So much about LB is instinct. Dissecting a play while your feet are moving automatically to the right spot so that when you have it figured out you are in position to attack. Speed can compensate somewhat, and guys that can close sideline to sideline like Knight appears to be able to can provide huge sparks to the D. I hope he can quickly develop the instinct, but it's a huge ask for a true freshman.

Having been a QB might help him out with quickly diagnosing plays from the LB spot. They say the MLB is the QB of the defense...it might be a natural fit!

Eli

Helluva Engineer
IMO, DK was destined for a position change even if CPJ had stayed. With Yates coming in, and LJ coming back, and Graham in the pipeline, he had too much raw athleticism to keep on the sidelines. This should be an easy switch for him and a win for GT.

Love PJ but doubt a position change would have happened. Seems like early on he was quite good at finding the right man for each position but imo failed miserably at this later on in his career

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Love PJ but doubt a position change would have happened. Seems like early on he was quite good at finding the right man for each position but imo failed miserably at this later on in his career
Dedrick Mills - recruited by everyone but Tech as an LB - says hello.

Paul knew pretty much exactly where to put his players to maximize the talent he had available. I'm guessing this is more sour grapes about TaQuon. It's worth remembering that the two QBs ahead of him were both sidelined by injury, Ratliff permanently and then Jordan after an attempted comeback. Too bad, that.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

Paul knew pretty much exactly where to put his players to maximize the talent he had available. I'm guessing this is more sour grapes about TaQuon. It's worth remembering that the two QBs ahead of him were both sidelined by injury, Ratliff permanently and then Jordan after an attempted comeback. Too bad, that.
3 qbs if you count Lucas.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

Best examples are David Sims and Synjyn Days. Both were recruited as QBs, and both got a shot but were moved to get them on the field. Both did well for us. Another one is Christian Campbell. He was an excellent HS QB recruited by most schools as an ATH. He was initially listed as a QB for us, but was quickly moved to S. With Yates being CPJs first true 4* QB (vs 4* ATH playing QB) to commit, I was fairly certain he'd be moved after the summer, if not before.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

I was really looking forward to Jordan as a QB. He wasn't flashy, but man he was competent. Reminded me a lot of TW.