Demetrius Knight is a budding star

Jacket 83

Georgia Tech Fan
I would think that having a quarterback past would help on reading the plays. He would have the mindset of an offensive player. Kind of like a catcher being able to predict what a pitcher might throw while they are batting. Just my opinion.

Marcee1967

Georgia Tech Fan
Super Proud of this young man and know that he's a humble fella and in no way taking his abilities for granted. Yes, he's new, Yes he's a freshman, Yes, he's under the radar as a great fit to the Team. Demetrius, works hard and deserves nothing but Greatness. Thank You GT for the opportunity that others missed

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Super Proud of this young man and know that he's a humble fella and in no way taking his abilities for granted. Yes, he's new, Yes he's a freshman, Yes, he's under the radar as a great fit to the Team. Demetrius, works hard and deserves nothing but Greatness. Thank You GT for the opportunity that others missed

I hope he has great time playing football on the flats of bobby Dodd stadium.
Guys on the swarm may argue between each other, but we love our players. We are all glad he is on board.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Speed can hurt you if it's undisciplined. We used to eat speedy LBs for lunch under CPJ by getting them to commit real fast in the wrong direction.

Still, I'd rather have speed and train discipline. The reverse isn't nearly as easy...

All things being equal, more speed never hurts you. But I do think it can be a cover up for lack of discipline. As you point out, some schemes can expose that more than others. I want the speedy guy who at least recognizes the importance of making the right reads instead of riding his athleticism the whole way.