DeMarco Cox

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
He is leaning towards Tech and would be eligible to play immediately as he is graduating from Ole Miss. We saw him at the game at Barclays Center. Pretty agile big man.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
He is leaning towards Tech and would be eligible to play immediately as he is graduating from Ole Miss. We saw him at the game at Barclays Center. Pretty agile big man.
I was at that game at Barclays also. He beat the crap out of us.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Assuming we don't pull off a miracle and get Carter back in the fold (unlikely), Cox would probably start with Sampson.

franklinjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
He had one of his best games against us. Definitely looked better than the 16 minute, 4 point, 4 rebound per game player he was the rest of the year.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Is he as capable as Carter, no. I think you might be selling him a bit short at big body & 5 fouls.

He's got a lot of potential to contribute on the glass, block some shots, collect the garbage for putbacks.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Is he as capable as Carter, no. I think you might be selling him a bit short at big body & 5 fouls.

He's got a lot of potential to contribute on the glass, block some shots, collect the garbage for putbacks.

I did not, or at least did not intend, to sell him short. I am from the Joe Hall school of basketball, if you do not have 20 quality fouls at 4 & 5, you are probably in trouble.
I am thrilled if he is, in fact, on board.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I did not, or at least did not intend, to sell him short. I am from the Joe Hall school of basketball, if you do not have 20 quality fouls at 4 & 5, you are probably in trouble.
I am thrilled if he is, in fact, on board.
Apologies for misconstruing what you wrote. Also, I agree with that strategy of having that big man depth.