Deion Sanders On The Flats?

Vespid

Jolly Good Fellow
I know it will never happen, because it would be the smart thing to do. Art Briles. We could probably get him for peanuts while we pay off Jeff. (Sorry, you lost your G privileges) If I'm not mistaken, his show cause has expired, so we could move quickly. He would definitely create a buzz, win games and bring in talent. Large obstacle is his current employment (Italian Football League) runs August to MAY. We'd effectively have to steal him from Guelfi Firenza early in their current season, but there's no tampering or collusion rules between the NCAA and Italian FB league that I'm aware of. Ignoring the moral high ground arguments, it would absolutely get us out of a serious proverbial pickle, short term. At least he has a proven track record of winning at the P5 level.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
I know it will never happen, because it would be the smart thing to do. Art Briles. We could probably get him for peanuts while we pay off Jeff. (Sorry, you lost your G privileges) If I'm not mistaken, his show cause has expired, so we could move quickly. He would definitely create a buzz, win games and bring in talent. Large obstacle is his current employment (Italian Football League) runs August to MAY. We'd effectively have to steal him from Guelfi Firenza early in their current season, but there's no tampering or collusion rules between the NCAA and Italian FB league that I'm aware of. Ignoring the moral high ground arguments, it would absolutely get us out of a serious proverbial pickle, short term. At least he has a proven track record of winning at the P5 level.
**** off with that bull****. You know what he did. Don't even say that. And don't say this is a moral argument, what a horrible cop-out.

JacketFan137

Banned
**** off with that bull****. You know what he did. Don't even say that. And don't say this is a moral argument, what a horrible cop-out.
the one constant positive thing about tech football for decades has been we’ve run a clean ship and have been scandal free (aside from ncaa getting petty over some bs in 2009). if we hire briles i’d have a very hard time supporting him. wins aren’t worth feeling morally ****ty

Vespid

Jolly Good Fellow
Whatever. I don't KNOW what he did, and you don't either. It's not without risk for sure. I DO know some people who coached with his son at FAU, and they had a different opinion about it. But I agree, perception is 90% of a scandal, regardless of who actually did what.

Last edited:

MySouthernJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to see Prime wearing white and gold. I just don’t see it happening.

Unless he really wants the challenge.

thebull35

Jolly Good Fellow
Art Briles was ran out of Grambling within weeks (may not have even been weeks, literally) of joining their staff. Whatever he did or didn’t do would have you guys running him off even faster than the alums at Grambling did.

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
I just don’t see any other coach that could come in and everybody immediately ready to turn the page. Think about it like this, we have nothing good to sell right now to recruiting, local population, and national media. With any other hire, Any story is going to be about how dreadful we are. Deion puts a reset on most stories

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
no better time to go for broke than when you’re already down
If you are serious, I’m inclined to agree. I think most of us would like the slow, steady, building of a program from top to bottom that insures stability and orderly coaching transitions for years to come. But that ship sailed. Hopefully one day we can get back to that.

But now seems to fit the very definition of “desperate times call for desperate measures.”

JacketFan137

Banned
If you are serious, I’m inclined to agree. I think most of us would like the slow, steady, building of a program from top to bottom that insures stability and orderly coaching transitions for years to come. But that ship sailed. Hopefully one day we can get back to that.

But now seems to fit the very definition of “desperate times call for desperate measures.”
i’m very serious. deion is truly the only coach that accomplishes what i think tech needs. priority number 1 is a coach that will win back fans and unite the fanbase again. who better to do it than one of the most charismatic guys we’ve ever seen on an atlanta sports team? he has won games at jackson state who was previously bad, he is recruiting at a level that is literally unheard of at a school with even less resources than tech. he immediately makes us an actual interesting media story nation wide and will bring a lot of eyes on tech. something that we haven’t really seen ever

the only real criticism is he hasn’t done it at p5, which i don’t care about cause neither has chadwell, monken and many others that are suggested.

we also have to realize that this may be the only shot at him ever. if we don’t get him now he’s gonna be at a bigger school and be forever the one that got away

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

Slow and steady, quiet and confident, brash and loud, flash and hype - I don't care as long as the coach is competent.
We just need to find the best coach we can, period. He has to be able to recruit and coach players up. And I don't care if we find him in the damaged goods, 50%-off aisle. Wherever.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
i’m very serious. deion is truly the only coach that accomplishes what i think tech needs. priority number 1 is a coach that will win back fans and unite the fanbase again. who better to do it than one of the most charismatic guys we’ve ever seen on an atlanta sports team? he has won games at jackson state who was previously bad, he is recruiting at a level that is literally unheard of at a school with even less resources than tech. he immediately makes us an actual interesting media story nation wide and will bring a lot of eyes on tech. something that we haven’t really seen ever

the only real criticism is he hasn’t done it at p5, which i don’t care about cause neither has chadwell, monken and many others that are suggested.

we also have to realize that this may be the only shot at him ever. if we don’t get him now he’s gonna be at a bigger school and be forever the one that got away
We are on the same page.