Defensive recruiting!

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone know our pitch to the players on D? I've heard our pitch to the WR's but that's about it. Seems like our O would help recruiting on the D. We can sell to kid, while other D's are gassed and on the field for 70 plays we stay refreshed and you are able to stay at 100% for the full game because you're only on the field for 50 plays . That means you are making the big plays late in the games when other D's are gassed. LB's can blast through the LOS with tackles for loss, DL can get to the QB better, DB's are a step faster etc. Also I wonder if they talk about how good our O has been over the years and if we were to get better on D how we could compete for a national championship? I've also wondered about the pitch for the OL. Anyone have any info on this?

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone know our pitch to the players on D? I've heard our pitch to the WR's but that's about it. Seems like our O would help recruiting on the D. We can sell to kid, while other D's are gassed and on the field for 70 plays we stay refreshed and you are able to stay at 100% for the full game because you're only on the field for 50 plays . That means you are making the big plays late in the games when other D's are gassed. LB's can blast through the LOS with tackles for loss, DL can get to the QB better, DB's are a step faster etc. Also I wonder if they talk about how good our O has been over the years and if we were to get better on D how we could compete for a national championship? I've also wondered about the pitch for the OL. Anyone have any info on this?

The "pitch" should go something like this: "If you want to be a BMOC and the toast of Atlanta town all you and your teammates have to do is get one three and out per half and a couple of turnovers and the key to the city is yours" Is that what you had in mind? Never mind, I saw where you said "...LBs can blast through the LOS with tackles for loss, DL can get to the QB better..." I take it you are new around these parts?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
The "pitch" should go something like this: "If you want to be a BMOC and the toast of Atlanta town all you and your teammates have to do is get one three and out per half and a couple of turnovers and the key to the city is yours" Is that what you had in mind? Never mind, I saw where you said "...LBs can blast through the LOS with tackles for loss, DL can get to the QB better..." I take it you are new around these parts?
lol I meant LB's can blast through the line and DL can get to the QB better, for the higher rated recruits obviously. :D

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
lol I meant LB's can blast through the line and DL can get to the QB better, for the higher rated recruits obviously. :D

Then you mean like Albany's own Daryl Smith, the peerless Phillip Wheeler, the immortal Darryl Richardson and who can forget Mr. Vance Walker. You mean recruits like those guys? Hadn't seen any like that lately. We will keep looking Kai Michael Hall clones in the meantime.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Then you mean like Albany's own Daryl Smith, the peerless Phillip Wheeler, the immortal Darryl Richardson and who can forget Mr. Vance Walker. You mean recruits like those guys? Hadn't seen any like that lately. We will keep looking Kai Michael Hall clones in the meantime.

I'm confused. You mean 2 star Vance Walker?

Here is the pitch, "Son, come to Georgia Tech and play Defense. You only have to face the other team 8 to 9 series and by the time they get to 6 they will be so concerned about scoring that they will make a mistake. Sit on the sideline and watch CPJ burn up 6 minutes of clock oh and Have a Coke and Smile.