Defensive Line Vs Tulane

bravejason

Jolly Good Fellow
I wonder how much not having Attaochu allows OL's to focus on Gotsis?

This is a good point. If opponents are having to double team Gotsis to neutralize him, then he's doing his job. I didn't look for that in the game, so I don't know if he is in fact being double teamed or not,

Mack

Helluva Engineer
I thought that same thing about them outguessing our blitzes.
Yeah the shorties worked on us but the deep bomb got my attention.We just give up too much passing yds .......guess Roof will have to send the house in order to get a really good pass rush.

Whatllyahave

Georgia Tech Fan
Anybody that will run it right at us between the tackles will be unstoppable. Both Wofford and Tulane had success and a real team will dominate.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Anybody that will run it right at us between the tackles will be unstoppable. Both Wofford and Tulane had success and a real team will dominate.

Pitt has a 250lb workhorse that looked downright nasty against BC the other night. Scary thought what he will do against us. Pitt will be a very tough game.

Then we face UGA with Gurley at the end of the year. LOTS of work to do to stop the run before we have to play those guys.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
My two cents on DL: first half they didn't get any pressure. Second half they did considerably better. Our blitzes were an equal amount of good and bad. Some times we disrupted the play as you would hope. But as dressedcheese said, twice they absolutely burned us with the screen. In both cases our blitzers came forward before the snap and all but told 'em, hey I'm coming. I would think the answer is to sometimes show that but do something different. I dunno. But it is frightening to think how easy they made those screens look.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
In the first half our "D" was over aggressive and getting burned on the reverses and counter plays. It seemed like on our blitz's Tulane had the perfect play call with screen passes, I wondered if we were telegrphing our blitz'z ?

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Yeah not happy about the DL ..we look light in the pads vs the big uns and unless we get better and maybe bigger ...folks will be heading our way through the dive holes. and off tackle too.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Knew this before the season started. If we cannot recruit AND KEEP big nasties, our chances of having a very good D will be naught.
Looked at VT kick *** at OSU and it is clear they will run right at you ..........qb can throw so its time to shore up the defense since Frank aint going to trick anyobdy ..he will run right at you until you stop him....

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
Gotsis was listed with ZERO tackles yesterday I believe.
I was proud of Stargel for his one sack but next play they get 19 yd pass for 1st down.Typical.
Green is playing just as well as could expected I think.
The other guys are weak/young. overall ,Generally if don't outscore teams we won't win.
The speed of Harrell may help some soon.