Defensive Line Vs Tulane

UgagSucks

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm glad we played much better in the 2nd half defensively and came out with a win. However, our D-line really looks shaky. If we could not cause much havoc in the backfield vs a squad like Tulane then I hate to see what will happen later this year against opponents of more talent.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
It was hard for me to tell on TV, but I was rather disappointed with our corners. Roof dialed up some pressure in the second half, but our corners seemed to give a large cushion to their receivers.

We had a few more "should be" picks that our guys dropped.

The line to me seemed to hold their own. A lot of the deep passes were rollouts away from our pressure. Some were just quick outs before pressure got there.

thwgjacket

The funny thing is the guy calling the game was talking about how good the DL looked. But he just played in the NFL, so whatevs.

UgagSucks

Jolly Good Fellow
Well CTR did something right at halftime, the D held Tulane to under 130 yards total in the 2nd half.

I'm sure glad Roof made adjustments. I'd just like us to start out of the gate a little quicker next week. We were making Tulane's O look like world beaters in the 1st half.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Got no pressure with 4. I think Stargel got a sack with only 4 but besides that I don't even think he was ever rushed. It seemed whenever we blitzed they would throw a screen, like they had our signals. Aaaaargh.

GaTechfan06

Georgia Tech Fan
It wasn't great, that's for sure. But did you see the "on screen" stat that stated their O-line averaged 6'5, 309lbs?? That had a lot to do with it.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
There's no reason, at all, to be surprised by the DL. The only thing that has surprised me is how I haven't noticed Gotsis one time this season.