Defensive Formation 3rd Quarter

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Has anyone ever seen us go into the defensive formation we played in the 3 quarter. Around the 7 minute mark, GT called time out. Alcorn State had a third and 15 yards to go. Apparently Coach Woody set up the defense with 3 down linemen, a combination of linebackers and DBs lined up almost exactly 15 yards back from the line of scrimmage and three deep DBs. OK, I've seen this formation for Hail Mary type situations, but not during the middle of a game. By the way, it worked.

Evan33

Georgia Tech Fan
Has anyone ever seen us go into the defensive formation we played in the 3 quarter. Around the 7 minute mark, GT called time out. Alcorn State had a third and 15 yards to go. Apparently Coach Woody set up the defense with 3 down linemen, a combination of linebackers and DBs lined up almost exactly 15 yards back from the line of scrimmage and three deep DBs. OK, I've seen this formation for Hail Mary type situations, but not during the middle of a game. By the way, it worked.

It’s just your typical prevent D, it basically secures your defense from giving up anything over the top while forcing the offense to throw under to try to gain yardage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I liked it. A LOT!

And our "prevent" defense in prior years never prevented much.....

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I liked the point made to defensive back 7,, GET ON TH HIS LOOK INE! GO FOWARD FROM THI DXXX POINT! DO NOT BACK UP.
Not sure but a screen play could give this fits

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I liked the point made to defensive back 7,, GET ON TH HIS LOOK INE! GO FOWARD FROM THI DXXX POINT! DO NOT BACK UP.
Not sure but a screen play could give this fits
IIRC, that is exactly what Alcorn St ran against it, and we swarmed it for a short gain. Or am I misremembering?