Defensive Breakdown vs. WF

BobintheATL99

Jolly Good Fellow
Mucho thanks for all that you do. Apologies for dropping the few plays. Got overaggressive with the clipping...

Their RT(?) was moving early most of the game... It was pretty bad. It was usually on the East side of the field... We were losing our minds all game long.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Mucho thanks for all that you do. Apologies for dropping the few plays. Got overaggressive with the clipping...

Their RT(?) was moving early most of the game... It was pretty bad. It was usually on the East side of the field... We were losing our minds all game long.

So was I as that the game was still in the balance. That crew should be suspended this week

BobintheATL99

Jolly Good Fellow
Thanks @Ibeeballin and @BobintheATL99 for the vid work (and @Longestday, too).

One quick suggestion for @Ibeeballin and @Longestday, would you be able to put a quick text summary along with the video post? Like maybe right below the video? Just a quick summary would be great to get the conversations started.
I appreciate the sentiment, but they work hard to get the content out. It’s harder if they are waiting on my slow a$$. None of us get payed to do this, so we are eating up time with our kids or evenings. It’s kind of hard to summarize something that’s already been summarized... (I don’t want to scare them off by asking too much of them. We are really blessed they do it at all.)

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Thanks @Ibeeballin and @BobintheATL99 for the vid work (and @Longestday, too).

One quick suggestion for @Ibeeballin and @Longestday, would you be able to put a quick text summary along with the video post? Like maybe right below the video? Just a quick summary would be great to get the conversations started.

I guess I shouldn’t have went against my better judgement bc I usually do that. But better late than never, so I’ll do it right here.

What is your confidence level in the defense?

What are your thoughts on BJS play?

What stills scare you about the defense?

BobintheATL99

Jolly Good Fellow

Much higher... I’d rather Paul have quick kicked than go for 4th and 10 even if it only put the ball on the 20...

His ascent up the learning curve from Miami to WF is unexpected and a pleasant surprise. I did not expect him to improve that fast. I am excited as to where he will be next week, next year, etc...

Scares? Nothing. They are executing well enough for us to be undefeated. Clemson will be telling. Etienne(sp?) scares me, but that’s more of what he is than what we do. Dude is straight up lightning in space. Can’t let him get there...

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Lawrence getting torched the first half scares me a bit. Maybe he just failed a test last week because he’s been playing great. Step needs to learn to get his head around on the ball. Couple times this week and last week where he should’ve probably been called for PI.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I guess I shouldn’t have went against my better judgement bc I usually do that. But better late than never, so I’ll do it right here.

I ask u about this:
I saw w f 63 (left t) way down field on pass = NO call.

Can we blitz a j gray or Corey?
The lb are not effective u t m except foot 9

Thanks

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
We blitz AJ and Corey quite a bit. I think our up the middle blitzes are ineffective bc we tip them off more often than not

Part of me has the vain hope that we're going to show a blitz early against CU and then be running another blitz after they make their check.

a5ehren

Jolly Good Fellow
Speaking of the officials...that PI in Q1 was marked off 15 yards instead of half the distance. They went from the 21 to the 6. I noticed it live, but I had a 102 fever and wasn't sure if I was right.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
I think it was the LT 75. I saw it too but most of the plays ended up ok for us, whereas a false start would have given them another shot at a first down. I could be wrong about that.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer

I thought BJS played better as the game went on. Did anyone comment on why Simmons 93 didn't get in the game until late? He made a difference when he came in.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck

To be sure, I'm not trying to sound ungrateful or pile on to the work you already do. I was just hoping you might throw a quick few lines like:
  • CB cushion significantly reduced this game
  • Glanton playing well, doing things that won't show up in the stat sheet
  • Game ball goes to so-and-so
As for your thoughts ...
  • I feel better about stopping offenses on 3rd and long. There was a time when I'd still feel uncomfortable on 3rd and 17, and sure enough, the opposing offense would convert.
  • BJS still very green. OK here and there, not so good elsewhere.
  • What scares me the most about our defense is our LB's penchant for overpursuing and leaving the cutback wide-open. Against better backs (Clemson, VT, UGA) we're gonna get killed. It's hard enough to contain their weapons as it is, we can't be giving up 35 yard runs when we should've stopped it for 2.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
To be sure, I'm not trying to sound ungrateful or pile on to the work you already do. I was just hoping you might throw a quick few lines like:
  • CB cushion significantly reduced this game
  • Glanton playing well, doing things that won't show up in the stat sheet
  • Game ball goes to so-and-so
As for your thoughts ...
  • I feel better about stopping offenses on 3rd and long. There was a time when I'd still feel uncomfortable on 3rd and 17, and sure enough, the opposing offense would convert.
  • BJS still very green. OK here and there, not so good elsewhere.
  • What scares me the most about our defense is our LB's penchant for overpursuing and leaving the cutback wide-open. Against better backs (Clemson, VT, UGA) we're gonna get killed. It's hard enough to contain their weapons as it is, we can't be giving up 35 yard runs when we should've stopped it for 2.

I’m a man of the people, so I appreciate the feedback.

Glanton or BJS would get my gameball. Glanton was my Taquon of 2 years ago. I saw him dominate in the spring game and immediately thought he be an impact player for us in ‘16. Glad to see step. Now al of a sudden we have some good depth on a DT with Glanton/Branch and KCH/Adams