Defensive Breakdown vs. Tennessee Pt. 2

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
I mean. It took a comedy of errors by the whole team. But this stuff is just ridiculous. I guess it's hard to really appreciate sometimes how the margin of error is razor thin.

My biggest concern is how do we have mental fatigue against 59 total plays? I really felt like we were doing so many things better, so many things right. And these little little stupid things killed us.

Again, everyone at fault. Kicker sucked, TaQuon cost us timeouts all game. JJ just leaving the ball out there.

It's all so frustrating because this is exactly how the Ugag game has gone so many times. We are killing them and they have such good athletes that a handful of mental mistakes and boom we lose.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
That last drive by UT was a train wreck for our defense. It may be harsh, but our guys are not good enough players to freelance and screw up assignments. They have to play tougher mentally to overcome their physical limitations and the fact that more than one or two guys were not playing to their ability tells me this is a cultural problem that we need to address or it won't ever get fixed.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
ONCE in a while on 3rd down we have to take chance and cover EVERY receiver closely.When you only have 4 yds to go,you can't give up 7 yds. on snap.