Defensive breakdown vids

jchens_GT

Ramblin' Wreck
3 drives per vid would be awesome, but feel free to just hit the highlights if you're pressed for time. I'm sure you're busy like the rest of us, so thanks for taking this on for another season!

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I'm nowhere near the football knowledge, especially on the defensive side as you are Ballin, but up until the JJ fumble, which would've iced the game, I personally felt the D looked really good. Could be my untrained eyes as far as D goes but up until that point and the way the O looked I see a 9+ win team out there. With 19-22 year old kids this game is about momentum and that fumble changes it instantly. Please, by all means tell me if I'm wrong, because like I said I'm nowhere near as knowledge as you are with this, tell me. But I hope I'm right. Lol.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Show them all or don't bother. I wouldn't bother myself as it's time consuming as F. But if you just show the highlights l, or just show the lowlights, the picture isn't complete and folks will use that to paint a narrative that isn't accurate, for the good or the bad.

I know most here think Ted sucks and a "decent DC" could just come in and work miracles by comparison. I'm just not seeing any consistent big playmakers on D. I don't think there are many schemes or DCs out there that can change this fact.

biojacket06

Georgia Tech Fan
Thanks man. Those vids were great. You just do whatever is easiest for you. I'll watch whatever you produce.

Andewa

Jolly Good Fellow
Yes please give us as much detail as you can handle! What I'm most interested in is how the defense went from being dominant in the first half to being non-existent in the second half.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
I want what you think tells the story.

If you identify something as consistently important, show some of that. If it's what you consider not a big deal, ignore it..

Your value is your ability to know what matters, so show us what matters, and why.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I will try to continue to do this to give perspective on that side of the ball. Do you guys prefer single drives? 3 drives on 1 vid? Or only the high points of the game (good and bad) on the breakdown?
Still trying to figure out if there was an intentional double meaning in your words "defensive breakdown"? :banghead:

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I think the first half calls were more aggressive on the backend then second half. It seemed to me we hardly used quarters, it was alot of cov 3 man and cov 2. In the second half i dont know but it may have changed. I was at the game and its hard for me to recall between cheering and live ball.

Need to look at the tape. But I remember saying to myself man we are playing loose now. Maybe just a bad impression due to roof tendancy.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I think the first half calls were more aggressive on the backend then second half. It seemed to me we hardly used quarters, it was alot of cov 3 man and cov 2. In the second half i dont know but it may have changed. I was at the game and its hard for me to recall between cheering and live ball.

Need to look at the tape. But I remember saying to myself man we are playing loose now. Maybe just a bad impression due to roof tendancy.

There were other big issues in addition to our D scheme IMO. Early in the game the QB was wild with his throws and there were several drops leading to D stops. Some of that came from more pass rush pressure and some came from some big hits from our DBs but as the game progressed (scheme not involved) the QB got much more accurate with his throws and his receivers started making tough catches. In fact the TN receivers made the contested catches and our DBs got none. CPJ thinks says we were not tired on D but we sure played like it in the last 10 minutes and OT as our tackling and coverage really got sloppy.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Tell us what we did good 1st half and what if anything changed 2nd half.

3 or 4 drives?

oddly it looked to me we went away from 3 man rush and went to 3 and 1 LB which did NOT work--a good idea to put more pressure but it backfired
scary that the def played about as well as possible and still lost