Defense depth chart

Techster

Helluva Engineer
MJ led the state in INT as a SOPH.
Was told by several SEC schools if he switched to DB he could pretty much play wherever he wanted. He chose GT.

How did this thread turn into offense again? Kidding...

Peyton Manning led the NFL in INTs as a rookie, so I don't take that stat to mean that much. MJ was a sophomore, by the time he was a senior he was one of the best QBs in Alabama and one of the most underated QB prospects in the SE. People improve over time due to experience, maturation, and hard work. MJ's anticipation of routes and ball placement is the best I've seen out of all the QBs CPJ has recruited including Vad and JT. He runs tough like Nesbitt. He doesn't have short space quickness like JT (who does) but he's better than Tevin in that regard. I've said it before, but I think what CPJ wanted to do with Vad, he'll end up doing with MJ eventually.

BTW, we had another QB who a lot of teams in the SEC wanted at DB...Nesbitt. Turned out pretty well for GT.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
How did this thread turn into offense again? Kidding...

Peyton Manning led the NFL in INTs as a rookie, so I don't take that stat to mean that much. MJ was a sophomore, by the time he was a senior he was one of the best QBs in Alabama and one of the most underated QB prospects in the SE. People improve over time due to experience, maturation, and hard work. MJ's anticipation of routes and ball placement is the best I've seen out of all the QBs CPJ has recruited including Vad and JT. He runs tough like Nesbitt. He doesn't have short space quickness like JT (who does) but he's better than Tevin in that regard. I've said it before, but I think what CPJ wanted to do with Vad, he'll end up doing with MJ eventually.

BTW, we had another QB who a lot of teams in the SEC wanted at DB...Nesbitt. Turned out pretty well for GT.

Missed it by thaaaat much...

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I seriously love hearing that about MJ, though. It speaks to his instincts and athleticism to get those INTs. I like that in our future QB!